Lousy detection after firmware update (3.2.0)

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jlp44000

Re: Lousy detection after firmware update (3.2.0)

Post by jlp44000 »

3.3.4 version : better detection during the day ; a small improvement at night but still much less efficient than before
thealbs

Post by thealbs »

Are you guys being used as beta testers of these updated firmware updates .. or will we all have to go through these versions when we finally get off 3.2.0?

Anyone know? Presumably we have to wait for Netatmo to break their silence and actually communicate with their customers.
jlp44000

Post by jlp44000 »

@NETATMO ???? when are u going to fix it and make Presence Camera as it was before ???

before, my cat was detected in the garden ; now, never
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

I take it some of you are new here, as per my previous post Netatmo too 6 months to resolve a DropBox upload issue. So this problem now, expect another 2 months at least to even be partly resolved. I get the impression when they were bought out a while back, a lot of the team must have been let go, I honestly think there are only a select few engineers available to work on things hence the delay.
voz

Post by voz »

My experience with 3.2.0 is that the detection during the day is OK, but during the night (using the IR light) the detection is almost non-existent. With older firmwares the detection during the night was fine.

Maybe the best/easiest solution would be to offer a choice between the two algorithms, calling the older one "more sensitive" or something like that. The new one could still be the default.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

First month has past now, with no camera updates or fix in sight? Nighttime detection is as good as redundant on mine at present, but hey Netatmo will fix things in their own time I guess? 🤷🏼‍♂️🙄
GuiPoM

Post by GuiPoM »

Firmware 3.3.5 has been uploaded to my camera end of last week and since then it seems to behave like it should, and like it was 5 weeks ago.
I don't know if I should be happy here because waiting 5 weeks to get back to where I was is not acceptable. But at least, it seems to be reliable again.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Did you request/ email directly for the update? I only just got 3.2.3 which is even worse. I hate how the updates don't seem to push all at once, one person may get an update, but the next person won't get it for another month after?
Tha_Matt_Man

Post by Tha_Matt_Man »

Four camera's are still on 3.2.0 ... Just keep and keep waiting for an update that fixes the detection & spotlight behavior !!
marty213

Post by marty213 »

Subzero wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 09:44 Did you request/ email directly for the update? I only just got 3.2.3 which is even worse. I hate how the updates don't seem to push all at once, one person may get an update, but the next person won't get it for another month after?
Keep in mind - they dont seem to be able to roll back, once a firmware update has been deployed. This way, only the camera of SOME poor customer will be bricked, instead of EVERY camera, if they would rollout a totally borked update to all at once.
The quality assurance of firmware updates is kind of obviously flawed, as we all now have witnessed. I am willing to start an investigation, if it would be possible to block the camera from contacting the firmware-update-servers on the network somehow. Once it starts working again, to prevent the camera from ever updating again.

Then make plans to switch to another brand, which is more reliable. I dont know about you, but I have stopped recommending Netatmo as a whole by now. Netatmo could have made up for the lost faith in reliability by communicating openly about status, and by proactively spreading information regarding the matter. They did not even choose to NOT communicate proactively, they chose the worst way in my opinion - let the users complain, then ignore them as long as possible. Funny they dont have a phone number as well, which fits into the "we dont want to communicate" scheme perfectly.

Return to “General questions”