video monitoring turn off/on automatic on a event / IFFT

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
netpresy

video monitoring turn off/on automatic on a event / IFFT

Post by netpresy » 11 Jan 2018, 11:48

What I am missing is the possibility to turn off/on the video monitoring automatic on special events. So it would be helpful if the netatmo presence could operate as an actor by IFTTT. For example: If I located at home then turn off video monitoring - if I go away then turn on video monitoring. Or when I arm my alarm device (ismartalarm) then turn on video monitoring - when I disarm my Alarm device then turn off video monitorin. Or if time is 8 p.m then turn on video monitoring. And so on

I think this feature would be really useful to bring the netatmo presence closer to smarthome functionallity

onepluslogitech

Re: video monitoring turn off/on automatic on a event / IFFT

Post by onepluslogitech » 16 Jan 2018, 10:46

True, i want to build an alexa skill to tell alexa Im at home, turn off the cameras etc.

nmonteil

Post by nmonteil » 04 Feb 2018, 22:38

Exactly same need, it si very annoying to manually turn off the camera each time you're home. In the end, we often forgot to turn it on when leaving.
With a simple event from ifttt, either location or alarm, it would be much more usable.

On my end, I hesitate to buy one more because of this, with 2 cameras it would be a nightmare...

openMind

Post by openMind » 16 Aug 2018, 11:27

Yes. The same here... And it is unfortunately an old topic. There is no IFTTT action to for that since a long time (i.e. change the person detection from record to record notify or vice versa), there still seems no propper API exist either. access_presence seems not documented well etc...

Like this a very nice product is rendered nearly useless if you have a smart home (like I do...). Notification should just be on when no one is at home (alarm system active). The monitoring should be turned on all the time...

brionesd

Post by brionesd » 26 Sep 2018, 07:51

I thought that netatmo would include this feature fast. But some months later threre is no way to automaticaly disconnect the camera when I am at home.
I would buy another netatmo camera, but not without this feature.

gnaegi

Post by gnaegi » 28 Sep 2018, 22:13

I copy this over from a Welcome thread because I have the same problem with the missing geo-fence. I don't use IFFT, but I am sure you can connect IFFT to a web page, so instead of using the homebridge part you can just use IFFT

My setup:

- Raspberry with a simple noobs installation (see Raspberry homepage)
- Installed homebridge (see GitHub)
- Installed Apache webserver and php module
- Copied the NetatmoCameraAPI or splNetatmoAPI depending on your needs (see GitHub)
- Created little page that uses the API to do whatever I want it do to. Depending on the script you need a Netatmo API key, but that is really simple to get)
- Installed homebridge-http-webhooks and configured the switches I want to trigger the little page I created previously
- In the homekit app I then created some rules to trigger the switches when the first person arrives and the other switch when the last person leaves

It works absolutely flawless. It was a bit a pain to implement, but now I'm totally happy. Nevertheless it is a shame that Netatmo has such poor WebKit support and denies the necessity of a geo fence for Presence. I don't understand it, it is a basic feature for home-automated security. If I have to enable/disable the stuff manually - well does not sound very 2018/automatic to me.

Return to “General questions”