Presence disconnects and reconnects continuously

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Willyboy

Re: Presence disconnects and reconnects continuously

Post by Willyboy »

same problem here , since v135 my second presence camera is disconnecting at least 20 times a day !!
not that ive changed since , what i fout out is the wifi have only one bar ,suddenly ?? why is that so?
Cabal

Post by Cabal »

Same Problem here.

I have 4 Cameras. 3 Presence and one Welcome.
Since a few weeks everything was fine. There were reconnects but nothing realy annoying.
But now i have reconnects on 1 Presence and one the Welcome quite often and the disconnects are longer.
The worst one is this: 70:ee:50:29:e5:44. Firmware 135.
Please help!
david79nl

Post by david79nl »

Same thing is starting here as well - i had disconnects before but they were not daily.
Now it keeps on disconnecting - nothing changed in the network.
Firmware 135
helheimr

Post by helheimr »

I have 2 cameras - running for at least a year. Since a few months I have frequent disconnection issues with 1 of the cameras. Seems to be getting worse! Now rebooting (switching power on/off) doesn't even seem te help reconnecting.
All other devices on WiFi seem fine.
Firmware is 135

The problematic device is 70:ee:50:29:94:fa
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

helheimr wrote:I have 2 cameras - running for at least a year. Since a few months I have frequent disconnection issues with 1 of the cameras. Seems to be getting worse! Now rebooting (switching power on/off) doesn't even seem te help reconnecting.
All other devices on WiFi seem fine.
Firmware is 135

The problematic device is 70:ee:50:29:94:fa
It always seems to be their end with these disconnects and detection issues. I get the impression they try to streamline the process (use less bandwidth/ storage on their servers), until something breaks, then backtrack.

It's a shame as features, and interaction on the Beta forum has gone dry for months now. I like the camera when it works, just wish the team selling it was as passionate?

I take it there is another project Netatmo are working on, hence not having the resources anymore?
IanvanEde

Post by IanvanEde »

Same here V135 also a 7sec delay on live feed, irritating me
david79nl

Post by david79nl »

I did notice that during one of these blackouts the Apple Home app still appeared to be working. The motion trigger was showing and I could enable/disable the flood light.
kgroenhoej

Post by kgroenhoej »

david79nl wrote:I did notice that during one of these blackouts the Apple Home app still appeared to be working. The motion trigger was showing and I could enable/disable the flood light.
I also noticed this. And if you use IFTTT, the IFTTT service reports that it is unable to communicate with NetAtmo Cloud Service a lot of times. It could be that a lot of these blackouts is caused by their lousy cloudservice.
billy

Post by billy »

Installed my presence some 3mths ago, easy installation and setup from app on my android phone.

Over the last couple of weeks noticed it was disconnecting and reconnecting on a regular basis, until these last few days it struggles to reconnect at all, even after a power on/off cycle and rebooting my Virgin Hub 3 router.

Nothing in my house hold has changed with regards wifi and equipment.
With my presence connected I can see the wifi icon shows 3 bars, my wifi signal shows a speed of 65mbps on phone at side of presence ( uses same ssid) can ping presence even when disconnected !

This does seem to be exactly same issue as majority of posts, my router does not appear anywhere to have a time out option as described earlier posts.
Flood light works auto on/off fine

Firmware 135: mac 70-ee-50-2d-5b-56 : serial No g2d5b56 NOC01-U.K. 3 700730 501422

Help please this getting very time consuming and frustrating as I purchased for home security while going away on holiday shortly.
finnh

Post by finnh »

*SOLVED FOR ME*

Had issues similar to the above (using firmware 135). It has been running for several weeks, no problem whatsoever. I tried just about everything, reset of network settings, factory reset, the whole deal.

After factory reset, I still had the following issues:
- unable to play video stream
- floodlight wouldn't stay on if turned on manually
- surveillance not working
- generally weird behaviour

What did it for me was simply to change DNS server in my router settings from the default ISP provided DNS to Google's public DNS 8.8.8.8. I saw that someone earlier in the thread mentioned this fix. The UDP settings weren't available in my router admin area...

No idea how the DNS settings would have this kind of impact, I have never had any issues with my service provider's DNS before. Glad it works again now, love the product!

Return to “General questions”