Presence disconnects and reconnects continuously

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
badboyandy

Re: Presence disconnects and reconnects continuously

Post by badboyandy » 05 Feb 2018, 12:17

Im using a superhub 2ac from Virginmedia and they advise there is no setting available to change but they looked at the log file and said it is not timing out ???

Johan_Netatmo wrote:If you have the possibility please try the solution proposed by Christophe. Set your router UDP timeout to at least 400s.

Grapescape

Post by Grapescape » 05 Feb 2018, 13:55

My replacement camera has the same issue, although less disconnects. I have tried my Netgear router and currently my apple AirPort Extreme, both connections have the same issue. I will try to change the parameter suggested and see if it helps. My serial is 70:EE:50:2a:6d:c4 firmware version 119.

Grapescape

Post by Grapescape » 05 Feb 2018, 13:58

70:EE:50:2a:6d:c4

Grapescape

Post by Grapescape » 05 Feb 2018, 14:24

Checked and there is no adjustment for UDP timeout on my Netgear router as far as I can see. Also nothing I can change on the Apple WiFi either. Could this be connected to the SIM card losing its connection intermittently?

Christophe_Netatmo

Post by Christophe_Netatmo » 05 Feb 2018, 19:15

Grapescape wrote:Could this be connected to the SIM card losing its connection intermittently?
Do you mean that your are providing the Internet access to your Netgear though a 3G/4G connection?
If so, yes it can be related as such networks have oftenly very small timeout delays and the radio reception can be intermittent.

badboyandy

Post by badboyandy » 05 Feb 2018, 22:04

Still same problem disconnecting and I have been running a wifi analyser that shows my connection is still ok

But I think if the wifi drops a little bit with the new update it takes for every reconnect which is maybe why it powers
off then back on this is only since the new update and I still can't connect to home on any of my cameras it goes through the process
then just fails it searches then finds presence then shows the code then says object not found

badboyandy

Post by badboyandy » 05 Feb 2018, 22:25

This has now allowed me to connect to home on both cameras but one still keeps turning on and off

beert

Post by beert » 06 Feb 2018, 21:02

Same here. Camera keeps disconnecting since a few weeks without any changes to the network.
Johan_Netatmo wrote:If you have the possibility please try the solution proposed by Christophe. Set your router UDP timeout to at least 400s.
That's just the point: my internet provider doesn't offer this possibility within the 'expert settings' of its wireless modem.
Note that among all devices connected to the same wireless router, the Presence camera is the only device disconnecting at random.

Grapescape

Post by Grapescape » 07 Feb 2018, 10:22

I wondered if the memory card in the camera was causing this issue if the connection was not perfect, although unlikely to be affecting so many cameras but?

Cyv

Post by Cyv » 07 Feb 2018, 12:56

Same problem here with rockstable wifi and dsl connection.
About once a week randomly one of my 3 presence disconnects and is not accessable for the app.
After some minutes or hours it connects again.
While this „disconnect“ the other cams stay connected... so its kot my wifi or my dsl...

Funny fact:
While the netatmo-app is telling me, that my presence is disconnected, it‘s flawless accessable via homekit. Live picture and sound work perfect and I can switch on/off the light.
So its not my wifi and not my dsl, it‘s the cams connection to netatmo.

So please fix fw 119 or your backends and stop telling people to reset their cams...

Return to “General questions”