Presence disconnects and reconnects continuously

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Taavi

Re: Presence disconnects and reconnects continuously

Post by Taavi » 10 Mar 2018, 09:26

I have three Presence cameras connected to the Apple Time Capsule router. The camera works fine without breaking. Also -30 celsius in the cold.

mjkenrick

Post by mjkenrick » 13 Mar 2018, 19:04

Interesting comment from Subzero. In fact my daughter is using what my son says is a rather good router - a Mikrotik router - bottom end of the commercial scale, but better than the general type that you mention.

A second concern. My own camera is currently switching on and off periodically, but does not seem to be transmitting scenes, captured during an off period, when it connects again, which I understand it is meant to do . I know that I drove into our drive and that an Amazon person came calling, but these events have no appeared at all, whereas the camera shows up as live at the moment and also at the time of these events. Anyone any idea why this might be so??

Subzero

Post by Subzero » 14 Mar 2018, 00:01

mjkenrick wrote:Interesting comment from Subzero. In fact my daughter is using what my son says is a rather good router - a Mikrotik router - bottom end of the commercial scale, but better than the general type that you mention.

A second concern. My own camera is currently switching on and off periodically, but does not seem to be transmitting scenes, captured during an off period, when it connects again, which I understand it is meant to do . I know that I drove into our drive and that an Amazon person came calling, but these events have no appeared at all, whereas the camera shows up as live at the moment and also at the time of these events. Anyone any idea why this might be so??
Yeah it should catchup, once reconnected? I guess it might take a while to check what is recorded on the card during offline time, but it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes? I take it your recording period settings in Netatmo are still set to 0:00-23:59? I complained once that night time recordings had stopped, but for some reason the time period had changed? :-/

Subzero

Post by Subzero » 14 Mar 2018, 09:22

OK guys I take it back, when the camera is recording and you try to watch Live to see who is there, it Constantly disconnects?! Sorry to doubt you guys, so it is an issue with the update/ Netatmo servers, Very frustrating!!

mjkenrick

Post by mjkenrick » 14 Mar 2018, 11:27

"A second concern. My own camera is currently switching on and off periodically, but does not seem to be transmitting scenes, captured during an off period, when it connects again, which I understand it is meant to do . I know that I drove into our drive and that an Amazon person came calling, but these events have no appeared at all, whereas the camera shows up as live at the moment and also at the time of these events. Anyone any idea why this might be so??"

Just looked this morning and the pictures are now there, so they obviously were saved on the SD card, but took rather a long time to upload.

HurdyGurdy

Post by HurdyGurdy » 25 Mar 2018, 17:16

Subzero wrote:I know it must be frustrating having your camera drop out, but out of everyone having this issue, how many of you are using your ISP supplied router? Dare I say the ones supplied are mass produced and of a poor quality as most of the time they're given out for free.
Sorry - top of the range Draytek series ; Funnily enough after moving the UDP timeout to 400 has gone away. Netatmo also fiddled with it remotely so not if something was done remotely.
Also the absence of dropouts coincided with weather improving here in the UK.

Subzero

Post by Subzero » 26 Mar 2018, 14:47

HurdyGurdy wrote:
Subzero wrote:I know it must be frustrating having your camera drop out, but out of everyone having this issue, how many of you are using your ISP supplied router? Dare I say the ones supplied are mass produced and of a poor quality as most of the time they're given out for free.
Sorry - top of the range Draytek series ; Funnily enough after moving the UDP timeout to 400 has gone away. Netatmo also fiddled with it remotely so not if something was done remotely.
Also the absence of dropouts coincided with weather improving here in the UK.
It might more coincide with the V135 update that has just released, I'm flying since the update, no dropouts, or Dropbox issues. I'm almost tempted to tell them not to update this version as it seems for the most part fine.

Owenlars

Post by Owenlars » 26 Mar 2018, 14:48

My camera disconnected, restarted and reconnected today between 13:57 and 14:21 French time. During the period of disconnection it took a picture of an animal which it showed as a thumbnail and notified me that it had seen an animal. I suspect that Netatmo must have been doing something to their servers during this time as, apart from updates, disconnections for the past year have all been down to the lousy Orange ADSL line or power cuts. This time I could remote access other stuff in the house hence my theory it was Netatmo adjusting things.
Anyone else had a similar experience or perhaps Jofre could comment if he gets a moment.

Thanks

stripes

Post by stripes » 29 Mar 2018, 16:18

My camera has disconnected, restarted and reconnected various times today (most recently 14:21BST-off, 14:40BST restart and then 14:57BST off and as yet hasn't reconnected). The camera is ~8ft from the wifi router (virgin media superhub 3) and all other wifi devices in the house both closer and further away than the Presence have rock-solid connectivity.

Firmware 135, MAC 70:ee:50:2a:a1:b0
1x Presence owner 70:ee:50:2a:a1:b0

Hozzi

Post by Hozzi » 07 Apr 2018, 16:53

If you have a router that combines the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies you may want to separate them out and rename the SSID for each frequency.
Netatmo only connects on 2.4GHz and I discovered recently that on on a Sky router that this caused disconnection problems when the frequencies were combined.

Return to “General questions”