[CLOSED] IOS App not Finding Presence

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
mgreatrex

[CLOSED] IOS App not Finding Presence

Post by mgreatrex » 22 Jan 2018, 08:59

Hello,

I have three Presence Cameras, two of which disconnected of their own accord last week...both were Firmware 119.

I have tried and failed to pair them back to my network using my IOS devices [3 Separate devices]. None could find the Cameras despite being next to the devices. When I checked Bluetooth Devices on my IOS Settings, I could see the Cameras...so know Bluetooth is working.

I then used an Android device and could connect to the Camera...so this leads me to believe that last weeks App update has a Bug.

Anybody else encounter these issues?

Cheers

Mike

chris87

Re: IOS App not Finding Presence

Post by chris87 » 24 Jan 2018, 19:46

i have the same Problem, my Precence iOS App cannot find the Precence Camera although the Presence is blinking..
But i dont have an Android Device..

nodefeet

Post by nodefeet » 25 Jan 2018, 16:04

I'm having the same issue. I've been trying to connect with multiple iOS devices (with the app versions 3.0.3 and 3.0.4) for the last days :x .
Tried it with an Android phone today and it worked just fine.

Some things i noticed:
- I can also see the bluetooh signal form the camera
- I can connect to the camera directly via bluetooth and the blinking stops but the app still is not seeing the device.
- So I think the problem is that the iOS app is not able to activate the bluetooth signal by itself.

jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo » 25 Jan 2018, 16:17

Hello,
The setup of a Presence camera from an iOS device does not use Bluetooth. It's done via WiFi (your phone connects to your camera).
We have not found the problems you describe, but will look into them.
In the meantime, can you please try this?
1. turn the camera on and scan the QR code so the floodlight starts blinking.
2. go to the iOS WiFi settings and scroll down. There should be a section called "setup new device...", and you should see "Netatmo Presence" there.
3. Click on it and follow the steps until WiFi is configured.
4. Retry the setup from your Netatmo Security App if the camera does not appear in it yet.
I look forward to reading your feedback.
Thanks,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

nodefeet

Post by nodefeet » 25 Jan 2018, 16:50

thanks for your reply.

I reseted the camera and started the pairing mode (floodlight is blinking)
2. go to the iOS WiFi settings and scroll down. There should be a section called "setup new device...", and you should see "Netatmo Presence" there.
I assume you mean this as WiFi settings, right?

https://support.apple.com/library/conte ... etwork.png

But there is no "setup new device" section and I don't see a wifi signal from the camera.

Edit: spelling

jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo » 25 Jan 2018, 18:08

Yes, the WiFi settings.
It's odd that you don't see the camera in the setup a new device section...
Have you tried to reboot it? Please cut the power for at least 30 seconds and try again.
Thanks,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

nodefeet

Post by nodefeet » 26 Jan 2018, 16:01

Yes i tried rebooting without the power for several minutes.

There is no WiFi-Signal in "Choose a Network" from the camera visible.

I determined with a Wifi-Scanner that there is no change in the number of WiFi-Signals I can see, whether the camera is without power or not.

Thetrees

Post by Thetrees » 26 Jan 2018, 20:32

Same problem here

R32er

Post by R32er » 27 Jan 2018, 07:51

Same here. Can’t connect the camera for over 2 weeks with several iOS devices.
Yesterday I tried with a Android and it works. But the timeline is empty. The camera seems not recording...

mgreatrex

Post by mgreatrex » 28 Jan 2018, 16:16

Bonjour Jofre,

Merci pour votre réponse.

Cela fait plus d'une semaine que j'ai signalé les problèmes et bien que j'accepte tout le monde est occupé, le niveau d'engagement et de réponse de Netatmo est très faible. Jusqu'à présent, aucune reconnaissance formelle par e-mail ... aucun numéro d'incident ... rien!

Comme avec d'autres, je peux confirmer que les appareils IOS ne trouvent pas la caméra (j'en ai deux). J'ai été capable d'utiliser un appareil Android freinds et cela fonctionne parfaitement.

Je suis donc convaincu que c'est un problème avec la dernière application IOS.

Ces caméras existent pour améliorer le niveau de sécurité et pour le moment elles ne fonctionnent pas et donc ma propriété est moins sécurisée.

S'il vous plaît commentaires de toute urgence.

Mike

IN ENGLISH

Hello Jofre,

Thank you for your response.

It has been over a week since I reported the issues and whilst I accept everyone is busy, the level of engagement and response from Netatmo is very poor. So far no formal acknowledgment by email...no incident number...nothing!

As with some others, I can confirm that IOS Devices do not find the Camera (s) . I have been able to use a freinds Android device and that works perfectly.

I am thus convinced that this is an issue with the latest IOS App.

These cameras exist to enhance the level of security and at the moment they are not functioning and thus my property is less secure.

Please feedback urgently.

Mike

Return to “General questions”