Micro SD cards "classes"

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
dashman

Micro SD cards "classes"

Post by dashman » 22 Jan 2018, 13:40

Apologies if this has been asked (i did search but didn't find an answer),.....

My Presences are now about a year old, and still have the original SD cards in, (the ones that were supposed to be 16GB but were only 8) anyway i assume they will be soon failing? my question is will replacing them with a high quality card like a sandisk extreme plus blah blah, improve anything? i feel the lag in reviewing video (that others have also complained about).... i wondered if this was related to the economy cards installed by Netatmo, OR is this just a hardware performance encoding/decoding issue and the card is NOT the bottle neck? (my Wifi is good)...

Anyone any experience?

thx

Lebro

Re: Micro SD cards "classes"

Post by Lebro » 22 Jan 2018, 18:48

I replaced the original 8GB with a Sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10. No improvement in quality at all. I placed the original back because it can take 3 weeks of recording. Why would they soon failing? The image quality is poor because of the software.

groovyclam

Post by groovyclam » 29 Jan 2018, 18:14

How does one get to the SD card on the Presence ? My card has failed and I'm contemplating changing it before Netatmo decide to deign to answer my support query.

I wasn't that attentive when I stuck it up on the wall. It there a lot for the card ? Wouldn't that make water ingress a problem?

Una Real

Post by Una Real » 30 Jan 2018, 09:42

groovyclam wrote:How does one get to the SD card on the Presence ? My card has failed and I'm contemplating changing it before Netatmo decide to deign to answer my support query.

I wasn't that attentive when I stuck it up on the wall. It there a lot for the card ? Wouldn't that make water ingress a problem?
This may help:
https://www.netatmo.com/en-GB/helpcente ... d-i-do/271

groovyclam

Post by groovyclam » 30 Jan 2018, 10:42

Thanks

Return to “General questions”