Image extremely dark, during night.

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Mariener

Image extremely dark, during night.

Post by Mariener » 06 Feb 2018, 20:27

This evening the image was blackened all of a sudden. I did see the red glow coming from the IR leds, but the image was blackened and very dark.
I removed the power from the device and it went back to normal.

Any idea what this might have been? The camera also had a hard time recording any movement this evening, prior to the malfunction.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2018-02-06 at 8.08.08 PM.jpeg

dashman

Re: Image extremely dark, during night.

Post by dashman » 06 Feb 2018, 20:40

i have had this several times.... as you say a reboot fixes.... IR cut filter? but i had it on two independent cameras

Mariener

Post by Mariener » 06 Feb 2018, 20:44

Image is black and white, so i believe it knows it should be in night vision, the lights are active, but somehow it doesn't pick up the IR light?

Mariener

Post by Mariener » 06 Feb 2018, 22:18

So it happened again this night. It was okay after the power was cut off and turned on. But as soon as somebody came home and I went to check on the video, it was pitch black. Very dark and hardly any recognition. Any explanation how this can happen and how to fix it?

/ I removed power and all seems well again. But for how long.

Mariener

Post by Mariener » 08 Feb 2018, 13:33

Is it possible that there is a relation to having the App installed on an Ipad and the night vision malfunctioning?

The issues started as soon as I logged into the app on my ipad. I now logged out and removed the app, and everything seems fine again for a day and night.

Siracher

Post by Siracher » 14 May 2018, 12:17

Hi,

I have the same issue. It worked all well for a couple of days and now its just completely black during the night.
The red IR lights are visible, but alarms and floodlight doesn't work due to the problem...

I am using a Samsung S7 and my girlfriend connect with her iphone 6s and she has also an iPad.
Maybee there's really an issue as Mariener thought.

We have a second camera in my office where my gf has no access and there it works fine.
I'll make some tests this night and see what happens if I kick her account...

I already thought that the camera is broken and wanted to send the camera back..

keep you updated.

Siracher

Post by Siracher » 15 May 2018, 13:28

I tested everything I could (removing the app from ipad, logged out, power-off/on etc) and the issue is still there.

according to the customer service the device need to be repaired:
According to your video, your device appears to be defective as the infrared filter seems to be stuck.

Wombat58

Post by Wombat58 » 21 Jul 2018, 15:24

I too have the same problem. A day ago all nighttime video is nearly black. I am not at home right now so I cannot cycle the power. Is there anything I can do remotely? Has anyone determined the cause of this problem? I have only had the unit working for a month. How long does it go before needing reset?

Ryan365

Post by Ryan365 » 21 Aug 2018, 10:05

My brand new presence which I'm also having Microphone issues with is doing this too. It's been installed less than a week

Return to “General questions”