Playback from recorded videos doesn't work

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Vespucci73

Playback from recorded videos doesn't work

Post by Vespucci73 » 14 Feb 2018, 11:12

Hi,
I have the following problem:

I have recorded videos of today in my iOs-Security App and when I want to play them the timecounter of the video jumps to a "high" number and the I see the Quicktime-Symbol for the length of the recorded video. Any suggestions how I can handle this problem. Thanks

jofre_netatmo

Re: Playback from recorded videos doesn't work

Post by jofre_netatmo » 14 Feb 2018, 14:03

Please restart your camera by cutting the power for 30 seconds.
It should work fine after the restart.
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Dai

Post by Dai » 14 Feb 2018, 18:13

I switched off more than 30 seconds. This is a bug. Please fix it. With android no Problem. Ios Problem as described

CharlieBrown

Post by CharlieBrown » 24 Feb 2018, 22:29

I have the same issue. Every video in the IOS app has a really long video length and the video doens't play. The play position starts at the end of the video. Sometimes the sound plays.

Turning the power off for a minute as suggested did nothing. The problem is still exactly the same.

The camera is currently useless!

sashmo

Post by sashmo » 25 Feb 2018, 17:49

I too have the same issue, which started yesterday.

I can view some videos from yesterday afternoon as usual but from 17.16 onwards I just get the Quicktime symbol when I try to play it on my iphone via the Security app. I can see the stills from the videos but they won't play, though I can hear the sound. The video just before the error seems to think its 1589 minutes long. The videos are recording OK to Dropbox.

I have tried turning off and on again as suggested (multiple times) but this has made no difference at all.

What do you suggest?

Thank you.

jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo » 26 Feb 2018, 16:24

Hello,
When you restart the cameras, new videos will play fine.
Old videos that were recorded before the restart may continue to cause problems with the player in the app. I recommend you to download them in order to play them.
Regards,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Hoodoo

Post by Hoodoo » 03 Mar 2018, 05:26

Had the same issue occur today for the first time, and the recommended resolution worked fine. I restarted the camera, and videos recorded after the restart are fine, and the ones previous to the restart were not working properly. I have 2 Welcome cameras as well, and no issues with them at all.

badboyandy

Post by badboyandy » 05 Mar 2018, 11:54

This is a nightmare mine has not worked for weeks correct I have installed new internet bought new cameras and have setup a monitoring system which tells me my connection is fine and the engineer reporting back to me has advised it is Netatmo server that is causing the issue I asked for a reply 2 weeks ago still no response not good enough

Return to “General questions”