Downgrade Firmware for HomeKit Code?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Tschupper

Downgrade Firmware for HomeKit Code?

Post by Tschupper » 01 Apr 2018, 13:27

How can I downgrade to 101 so that I get the update on 119 or higher again the Hoemkit code shown. When reset to factory settings, the firmware 135 is retained. Otherwise, I see no way to get the homekit code displayed again

Hoodoo

Re: Downgrade Firmware for HomeKit Code?

Post by Hoodoo » 01 Apr 2018, 23:50

Believe the HomeKit code is save automatically to your camera roll on your device (at least on an iOS device). Hope it helps.

Tschupper

Post by Tschupper » 02 Apr 2018, 08:10

the homekit code is definitely not among the pictures. see my post https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php ... 7b94147509.
How can i downgrade to 101?

DAJ

Post by DAJ » 02 Apr 2018, 12:26

Just checking you presented the Red Reset to Factory Settings QR code and not just the menu option Reset This Camera or the original QR code inside the box.

Netatmo mentions that the only way to reset the HomeKit code is to use the new Reset Factory Settings QR code which they currently show as a red Qr Code, and then setup again.
4299C7FA-D3CE-4266-BB13-388C09C67F2A.jpeg
Factory Reset

Tschupper

Post by Tschupper » 02 Apr 2018, 16:42

Hi DAJ,
When reset to factory settings, the firmware 135 is retained and there ist no HomeKit Code

DAJ

Post by DAJ » 02 Apr 2018, 19:34

Ok, if you have reset using Factory QR code and completed setup again using Installation QR code, did you subsequently click on Siri and Apple Home menu item, there should be an Enable menu option for the camera?

Have you also updated to the latest iOS app?

The firmware will remain at the latest firmware installed even when resetting factory settings, I believe the only difference in Reset Factory Settings vs Reset Camera is to remove the HomeKit code from the camera allowing it to be configured again.

Tschupper

Post by Tschupper » 03 Apr 2018, 19:28

after the Factory reset (Red QR Code) no HomeKit code is generated after the new installation via the app - it is only required as input. My App is the Version 3.0.7(371)

Your Comment: Ok, if you have reset using Factory QR code and completed setup again using Installation QR code, did you subsequently click on Siri and Apple Home menu item, there should be an Enable menu option for the camera?

Yes there are 2 options: one for Input the Code manually and one for Scan the Code per Cam. I do not have both.

After Factory Reset an new installation, 2 images are automatically saved on my Iphone: the red QR code (factory setting) and the black QR code (reinstallation). Unfortunately, no home kit code

DAJ

Post by DAJ » 03 Apr 2018, 21:03

Only other thing I can think is that perhaps the QR code did not reset the camera correctly and remove the HomeKit pairing allowing a new one to be generated.

Did your reset reach the slow blinking after the two sets of five fast blinks?

Presence outdoor camera
You can reset your Presence camera to factory settings with the Factory Reset QR code. You can generate it from the advanced settings screen of your camera in the Netatmo Security app.
Show the code to your camera and it will make five fast blinks twice to indicate that it will reset. Leave it powered until the floodlight starts blinking again slowly (it can take up to 2 minutes).

If so, was there any question during setup of HomeKit that mentioned install as a new camera or it’s already configured, if so did you choose new camera?

Tschupper

Post by Tschupper » 04 Apr 2018, 06:37

I have reset the camera via the red Qr code to the Factory Settings. The lamp flashes 5 times fast (2 passes) and then the camera restarts and flashes slowly. I then start the installation via the "new product" option - this also works. then I go under the option "my devices" and "siri and Apple Home" - then come the 2 options: one for Input the Code and one for Scan the Code. I do not have both.

jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo » 04 Apr 2018, 11:54

Hello all,
We are currently not allowed to reset the HomeKit setup code of a camera after it's been created.
If you lost it, you can find it in the photo gallery of the iPhone/iPad from which Homekit was first setup.
Our team is working on letting the user reset the HomeKit code, we'll get back to you with a solution soon.
In the meantime, you can still use the camera through the Netatmo Security app.
Thank you for your patience,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Return to “General questions”