Camera shutting down with floodlight

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
LanceM

Camera shutting down with floodlight

Post by LanceM » 12 Aug 2018, 10:48

Hi team

One of my Presence cameras (love these things by the way) has just developed odd and frustrating behaviour. It works fine and has the infrared led lights on at night as expected. It then detects a person or animal as expected and the floodlight comes on. However after about ten seconds it crashes and turns off. About 20 seconds later it reboots and goes back to standby. No errors of any event logged in the app timeline other than person detected. If it detects movement and the floodlight comes on it crashes again......over and over as the light comes on. Removed and swapped SD card made no difference. reboot made no difference. I have been watching livestream while testing this and that made no difference, it just crashes and the stream becomes a still image.

The other Presence is working perfectly. Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance

Actually on further testing this happens as soon as detection occurs and it records. Regardless of the floodlight. I tested it with the light set to stay off. Just that it stared happening tonight. Thanks

Hmmmm further testing and with a third sd card it’s now working. Seems to be corrupting sd cards every couple of weeks though. Guess at least it’s going.

ldplusse

Re: Camera shutting down with floodlight

Post by ldplusse » 22 Aug 2018, 11:20

One of my Presence has the same problem.
So you are not the only one.

Need to return it to my dealer.

henkezan

Post by henkezan » 04 Oct 2018, 21:53

Yep. Just verified that this happend to me aswell now on a _5_ day old presence. !#!"@@2#¤¤# *mad*
Mounted under porch, so no water or something like that has been exposed to it.
I'll try and swap the SD card. I was planning on buying another presence next paycheck, but not if I have to swap sd cards every other week. If so, I'm sending this sh*t back.

And they are now pushing their new pointless smoke detectors, yeah, I'll pass on those if quality is like this.

henkezan

Post by henkezan » 15 Oct 2018, 20:58

henkezan wrote:Yep. Just verified that this happend to me aswell now on a _5_ day old presence. !#!"@@2#¤¤# *mad*
Mounted under porch, so no water or something like that has been exposed to it.
I'll try and swap the SD card. I was planning on buying another presence next paycheck, but not if I have to swap sd cards every other week. If so, I'm sending this sh*t back.

And they are now pushing their new pointless smoke detectors, yeah, I'll pass on those if quality is like this.
I might update this topic that now after buying a new SD card (bought a Sandisk high endurance card 32GB )
the camera has now worked well for a week and a half. Might add that the 8GB card that was in the presence, was a Sandisk "industrial".

I dipped the new card in regular vaseline. Lets see how that works out..

Return to “General questions”