I reset my camera and now I can’t set it up

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Outrunred

I reset my camera and now I can’t set it up

Post by Outrunred »

Hi
i did a factory reset on my camera and it asked me to make sure I backed up the QR code before doing so, which I did.

Now when I try and set it up through the app it is insisting on using the HomeKit code which I don’t have. I don’t even care about it being in home kit, I just want to use the camera in the Netatmo app

Any ideas on what I can do?

Many thank
Mark
Una Real

Re: I reset my camera and now I can’t set it up

Post by Una Real »

I may be wrong, but think the HomeKit code is the same as the QR code you backed up. Did you try that?

Once you've set it up via HomeKit you should be able to then use the Netatmo app and never need to use HomeKit again.

Realize you probably think you shouldn't have to hassle with using HomeKit since you're not planning on using it. It should be as simple as just setting it up with the Netatmo app. I agree. But you do want to use the camera again, right?
jofre_netatmo

Re: I reset my camera and now I can’t set it up

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hi,
If your camera was HomeKit compatible from the factory, then you should have a card with the HomeKit setup code (this is a different card than the setup QR code one). In this case just use this code.
Otherwise, I recommend just skipping the HomeKit setup for now so you can do it later. To do so, just let the app look for the camera but choose the option 'my product does not appear in the list', thenanswer yes or no to the question you'll be asked and choose 'configure HomeKit later'.
Hope this helps.
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Return to “General questions”