Installation of Presence

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
supercraft

Installation of Presence

Post by supercraft »

Hello,

i couldn't find a solution for my second presence. Thats why i'm writing this letter. At first i'm sorry for my bad english.
I've got an second brand new presence and i tried to install her like my first working cam. i'm using iOS 12.4(updated after several tries to install the presence) (iPhone and iPad). I get in touch with netatmo E-Mail Support and used their Workaround.
The Problem:
open the security App an tried to install an new product. After scanning the Network the app found my cam. After clicking on the cam i can start Pairing. The Camera is lightning for 10 Seconds an after that she is flashing (ready for Setup).
Ater few minutes i get an error device not reachable. Seems to be a problem with HomeKit
The Support wrote i should install the presence without the HomeKit by clicking on
i don't see my accessory (even i can see the cam)
then going to no, it has already been configured and
configure HomeKit later.

It opens the AirPort configuration Shows my Network and the cam.
After clicking, the app is connecting to my wireless Network und Shows waiting for netatmo presence. then the error unexpected error appears.

I set up my Wireless Network several times reinstalled the app, reseted the cam several times. Updatet iOS to the latest Version. i can't install the cam. I heard that this error exist since an update from iOS. With Android it should work. i have to see if i can find an android device, but it should work with iOS as well.
is there an other Workaround to install the camera whith an iOS device and an actual Version? Perhaps with an new beta Version of the security app?
i hope i can find help.

greets from Germany. i hope you can understand my Problem :-)
supercraft

Re: Installation of Presence

Post by supercraft »

I try it with an Android and couln‘t install the Camera. I get an iPhone 8 and try it again. And what what shoul‘d i say i coul‘d install the cam correcty. I had the Problem with iPhone 6S but with 8 and Same iOS it Works. Now i can use my cam on all devices.
Ehlz

Post by Ehlz »

Be aware that hasslefree installation requires your Android or IOS unit to be on a 2,4 GHz network when installing the camera. If you are on a 5ghz network you will experience the exact same issues as you describe. Unfortunately, Netatamo does not provide this info in their manual.

/Ehlz
568ml

Post by 568ml »

Ehlz wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 11:17 Be aware that hasslefree installation requires your Android or IOS unit to be on a 2,4 GHz network when installing the camera. If you are on a 5ghz network you will experience the exact same issues as you describe. Unfortunately, Netatamo does not provide this info in their manual.

/Ehlz
Thank you so much for posting this — after spending two hours waving my phone into the air in my (cold) garden, I found your comment, tried switching off the 5Ghz network, and was only then able to set up the Presence camera. This really should be in the instructions :oops:

Return to “General questions”