Netatmo Presence motion detector is supposed to control other lights [no animals]

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
rockmartin

Netatmo Presence motion detector is supposed to control other lights [no animals]

Post by rockmartin » 15 Aug 2019, 08:09

Hello, everybody,

I installed a Netatmo Presence under the carport and 4 more LEDlamps. These I have all in the HomeKit App and automated so that if the Netatmo Presence detects a movement, automatically the 4 LED lamps with go on. Everything works fine.

However, the Presence is able to distinguish people, animals and cars. Can I somehow set it so that the motion detector only triggers when people are detected? Otherwise our dog always triggers the motion detector and the light goes on unnecessarily.

Best regards
Martin

Hoodoo

Re: Netatmo Presence motion detector is supposed to control other lights [no animals]

Post by Hoodoo » 15 Aug 2019, 17:05

Good day. In the "Alert & Recording Settings", you can configure the the Presence camera to "Ignore", "Record" or "Record & Notify" for each of the three categories (People, Cars, Animals). So if you have your additional LED lights configured to work with the motion detector you should be able to make the necessary adjustments. There is also an option to configure the Presence to only turn on the internal floodlight for certain categories. To do this, you go to Settings - Manage My Home - My Rooms, Presence Name - My Products - Advanced - Floodlight. Hope this helps!

Armel_Netatmo

Re: Netatmo Presence motion detector is supposed to control other lights [no animals]

Post by Armel_Netatmo » 16 Aug 2019, 11:24

Hoodoo wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 17:05
There is also an option to configure the Presence to only turn on the internal floodlight for certain categories. To do this, you go to Settings - Manage My Home - My Rooms, Presence Name - My Products - Advanced - Floodlight. Hope this helps!
Just to give additional paths to go to that screen (use the one you like, that seem more instinctive for you):
- Quick Action Menu (the 3 dots on the upper right), on the Floodlight actions, tap on the gear.
- Settings Menu/My Account/My Products, [Your Home]/[Your Presence], then Floodlight.

Return to “General questions”