Camera not Working with SD Card Installed

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
kebabman

Camera not Working with SD Card Installed

Post by kebabman » 11 Nov 2019, 10:36

Howdy - I recently installed a smart outdoor camera near my laundry (my third Netatmo product overall), I had some initial issues getting the camera onto my network but after a while I got it sorted, had the firmware updated to 155 and setup with HomeKit and in the app all well however I couldn't get the video feed to show at all.

At first I got the SD Card broken message, so I took it out and replaced with another CD Card - the camera sounds like it's constantly rebooting (can hear a click or shutter noise every 60 seconds), I have tried three different, all new SD Cards and they all do the same thing.

If the SD is inserted the camera doesn't appear on the network at all and isn't contactable from the Netatmo application.

If I remove the SD Card it appears as being online in the netatmo app and tells me there is no SD Card inserted so I cannot see the video feed.

I have reset the camera and this is still happening

Any thoughts/tips?

maverick_i

Re: Camera not Working with SD Card Installed

Post by maverick_i » 11 Nov 2019, 21:00

Hello,
You may try with a different SD card to check / discard if the SD card itself is "broken".
Regards.
Regards.
Presence Camera x3 FW184, Welcome Cameras x3 FW 456, Sensor Tags x6 FW58.
Weather Station V3 FW178, Outdoor Module FW50, + Rain Gauge FW12, Wind Gauge FW25, Indoor Modules x3 FW50.

kebabman

Post by kebabman » 11 Nov 2019, 22:09

Howdy - yes I have tried with multiple SD Cards, all are actually working fine when I put them into a computer

uitje

Post by uitje » 23 Jan 2020, 16:30

Hi,

do you have a working solution for this yet. I have exactly the same problem. Even after a factory reset, the camera disconnects after some time again, and then I run into this problem all over again.
Cost me quite some time to get the camera working again. I only have the camera for two weeks now and it is my second netatmo presence. I'm wondering if I should return the camera now I still can.

Joedeejay

Post by Joedeejay » 25 Jan 2020, 11:45

What SD cards are you using? What size? Is the floodlight constantly on when the SD card is inserted?

Return to “General questions”