HomeKit Secure Video ?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
smk420

Re: HomeKit Secure Video ?

Post by smk420 »

Thank you very much @bdormael, I cant express enough thanks! Gracias kind sole for taking the time to point me in the right direction!
Anyone wanna buy my netatmo hardware?
smk420

Post by smk420 »

@ bdormael - struggling to covert to RTSP...going to install scrypeted tomorrow and give it a shot. Fingers crossed i can get it running. This will solve all my netatmo issues!
bdormael

Post by bdormael »

try the rtsp stream first in VLC, if it works there, it will work in Homebridge and Scrypted, it’s a bit tricky to get it.
the rtsp url should be something like this:
“-re -i http://<Local_Static_IP>/<Local_Access_Key>/live/files/high/index.m3u” (via VLC it might be you don’t need to include -re -i to test, in Homebridge or Scrypted you need to include it)

- where Local_Static_IP is the local IP of your Netatmo cam
- where Local_Access_Key is a long key which you can find back by following the instructions step by step
fmottaz

Post by fmottaz »

Ok, I guess most of us have now updated their devices to iOS 15.3. This has solved a number of problems, particularly the previews that seem to update correctly. However I doubt I am alone on this one, I have only sporadic detection and recordings, which make the whole security side totally unusable. Either you are reliably alerted or you are not but in this case you can bin your cameras.
What really pisses me off is the total lack of acknowledgement from Netatmo. It is not new but this is getting to a level of arrogance and disrespect for customers rarely seen in tech (an industry not particularly known for the quality of its customer care). I really don't understand what the drive behind this really is. Do they own shares in the competition ?
What can we do ? I haven't even been upgraded to the latest firmware which does not even solve the problem. Bin the whole thing, in my case lose 500 $ and hope Eve will have the same footprint so I don't have to touch up my walls ?
smk420

Post by smk420 »

I’m in the same boat. Can’t express how frustrated I am with netatmo of late. They have this forum yet refuse to acknowledge publicly their ongoing inability to fix hksv. It’s been broken since iOS 15 and it is clear it is a netatmo issue not appple. But this is only part of my issues with netatmo. I have multiple hardware failures on my cams. I get it’s out of warranty but they only offered me 20% off a jacked up price $320 on their site vs $300 on Amazon for a camera thats hardware is soooo old and out of date. Why would I drop that cash on a 6 year old cam when new hardware is finally coming out from competitors. They lost their customer service excellence and now a below average company.

Oh and where the fu%k is hksv for the doorbell? At least make it easy for me to use homebrige or scrypted to do what netatmo is obliviously inapcapable of doing. Sorry for the rant but surprised there isn’t a larger uprising here and on Reddit. Can’t wait to replace all my netatmo hardware
fmottaz

Post by fmottaz »

So am I, I can't understand why. I've had problems since day one with the poorest Wifi reception of any hardware I own with a very lame technical answer: use a separate 2,4Ghz network no roaming, no mesh. Let's say Wifi 2005 flavour. I struggled for months with continuous disconnections which seem to have improved of late for external cams. My Welcome still disconnects two or three times a day. I know it is technically not that easy, but customer care is something that has been around for as long as we started to exchange goods on this planet. You can even learn it in business schools.
Lammiwinks

Post by Lammiwinks »

Netatmo told me in a support case that they are aware of this issue and are going to release a firmware update that will enable 'enhanced logging' so they can find the root cause of the problem...

So likely a few firmwares away from a fix team.

In the interim probably best to buy other brands kit.
Superslagter

Post by Superslagter »

Looking forward - this has been going on for a while now
s0nic

Post by s0nic »

The products of Netatmo has been kicked out by the biggest electronic stores in Germany: Saturn & Media Markt
s0nic

Post by s0nic »

bdormael wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 16:04 - Converted this live stream URL to RTSP (done via SCRYPTED) so it can be read via SCRYPTED
Hello bdormael, what do you mean by converting via SCRYPTED?

1. FFmpeg Camera Plugin -> RTSP Camera Plugin -> Homekit (Is that even possible?)
2. FFmpeg Camera Plugin -> HomeKit Transcoding -> Homekit (Which Video Decoder and H264 Encoder Arguments?)
3. FFmpeg Camera Plugin -> Homekit
  • Which Audio Codec (default/AAC or No Audio/Compatible Audio/Other Audio) and Rebroadcast Mode (MPEG-TS/RTSP/RTSP+MP4) do you use for the Rebrodcast Plugin?
  • Which plugin for movements (OpenCV/PAM Diff) do you use?

Tnx :)

Return to “General questions”