HomeKit Secure Video ?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
bdormael

Re: HomeKit Secure Video ?

Post by bdormael »

s0nic wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 11:36
bdormael wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 16:04 - Converted this live stream URL to RTSP (done via SCRYPTED) so it can be read via SCRYPTED
Hello bdormael, what do you mean by converting via SCRYPTED?

1. FFmpeg Camera Plugin -> RTSP Camera Plugin -> Homekit (Is that even possible?)
2. FFmpeg Camera Plugin -> HomeKit Transcoding -> Homekit (Which Video Decoder and H264 Encoder Arguments?)
3. FFmpeg Camera Plugin -> Homekit
  • Which Audio Codec (default/AAC or No Audio/Compatible Audio/Other Audio) and Rebroadcast Mode (MPEG-TS/RTSP/RTSP+MP4) do you use for the Rebrodcast Plugin?
  • Which plugin for movements (OpenCV/PAM Diff) do you use?

Tnx :)
Hi,

I'm converting my Netatmo cams via Scripted perfectly which is then streaming to Homekit (including secure video).
To respond to your questions:
1. Yes, you have to use the plugins provided via SCRYPTED, not an external FFmpeg, together with the Homekit & Broadcast plugins in SCRYPTED (the site from SCRYPTED explains very well how to install/configure to get an RTSP camera to work perfectly with HKSV)
2. See site of SCRYPTED for very clear instructions https://github.com/koush/scrypted/wiki/ ... c-Settings
3. See site of SCRYPTED for very clear instructions https://github.com/koush/scrypted/wiki/ ... ideo-Setup

Audio Codec : https://github.com/koush/scrypted/wiki/ ... c-Settings
Plugin for movements : I use OpenCV : https://github.com/koush/scrypted/wiki/ ... ideo-Setup

The only thing you need to do first is convert your Netatmo stream to an RTSP stream, I can send you via PM instructions on how to do that if you intent to move forward with this.

Kind regards,

Benny
Mobileste

Post by Mobileste »

This whole situation with netatmo disregarding this problem is extremely frustrating. They keep saying the problem is with apple but it’s clearly not. I’ve multiple other branded cameras that had similar issues after iOS 15 which have now been fixed! Having to power off the cameras for them to work for a day is unacceptable! We need to keep the discussion going so netatmo pull their fingers out!

We have all paid a lot of money for these cameras and they should all function as they were advertised and sold.
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Same issue for me. HKSV has been awful since iOS 15. One presence refuses to work with it. A power restart fixes it for a few hours. The other presence works with HKSV but when it restarts (same circuit as the above mentioned) it stays off for days then randomly starts. A third has died completely. Not good for hear only a couple of years old. Please fix HKSV netatmo. It’s clearly you. Otherwise come on the new eve cams.
Mobileste

Post by Mobileste »

I’ve literally tried all the troubleshooting steps in this forum and it best, if hksv does work, it’s short lived usually after a few hours at best. The steps I’ve taken, multiple times…

1. Power cycling the Cameras
2. Power cycling the iOS Devices Connected
3. Power cycling all HomePods connected
4. Power cycling all Apple TV’s connected
5. Power cycling router
6. Power cycling eero mesh network
7. Updating every device
8. Turning off notifications on Apple TV
9. Logging in and out of iCloud on iOS devices
10. Deleting & Re-Adding HomePods / Apple TV’s from home app
11. Restoring All devices (Extreme I Know, Still didn’t solve)
12. Resetting Cameras & Re-Adding
13. Resetting Router
14. Resetting Eero Router

This is an unbelievable amount of troubleshooting and still does solve the issue. The only thing it can be is a server issue at Netatmo’s side that has still yet to be rectified.

If there is no intention to rectify this issue, Netatmo should stop promising homekit secure video as a feature on their products. After looking at these cameras online, they all still state HKSV as a feature. We have all spent an exceptional amount of money on your devices. Please support your loyal customers
Lammiwinks

Post by Lammiwinks »

Come on Netatmo. Been months now and no fix. All of my Netatmo cameras keep losing HKSV and need to be rebooted daily to work. Sort it out!
GeoffreyC

Post by GeoffreyC »

Same issue here. Just bought a netatmo presence and HKSV worked for a day. Then stopped working. After reboot, it works for a day and is gone again.
Will be returning the camera and go for the competition.
Such a shame because the camera itself is pretty good when working.
Mobileste

Post by Mobileste »

I think everyone who is experiencing this problem should be requesting a refund. This may change Netatmos priorities to homekit secure video rather than new products like door locks and fire alarms. Get your home in order first, no pun intended 😂
marty213

Post by marty213 »

"Neglected", "ignored", "abandoned", "disregarded".

Choose one. Or all four.
Lammiwinks

Post by Lammiwinks »

Its a funny one. Because Netatmo WAS one of the good ones. They launched the Welcome without Homekit support let alone HKSV, and the Outdoor with Homekit but no HKSV - yet promised these features would come.

Normally advice is never buy tech that's missing a key feature you want UNTIL the developer implements said feature (else risk disappointment) but Netatmo was great - releasing Homekit firmware for the Welcome, then later bringing HKSV to both products - and fulfilling their promises.

This built a lot of confidence in the developers and the brand as someone who delivers on what they say and it's driven a lot of people to pickup the doorbell without HKSV as we know Netatmo will deliver on it based on their track record....

But somethings changed. HKSV hasn't been delivered for the doorbell... and it's broken on the Welcome's and Outdoors for months.... with no firmware fixes in sight.

What's going on at this once great company? Is it the Legrand purchase?
Lammiwinks

Post by Lammiwinks »

bdormael wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 13:52 The only thing you need to do first is convert your Netatmo stream to an RTSP stream, I can send you via PM instructions on how to do that if you intent to move forward with this.

Kind regards,

Benny
Yes please!

Return to “General questions”