HomeKit Secure Video ?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Speedliner

Re: HomeKit Secure Video ?

Post by Speedliner »

jeffreyvdbogaart wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 13:47 If you’ve got the update, maybe post where you are from so other users from the same country can see if it’s being rolled out for them too?
Great idea. Could you also explain a little bit how the rollout is carried out? Is this done country by country, or is there a different logic?
jeffreyvdbogaart

Post by jeffreyvdbogaart »

Denis wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 10:58 First of my cameras just updated 🥳
Did it randomly start or did you restart your camera ? 😬
Denis

Post by Denis »

Good point, I'm in the UK.
Speedliner

Post by Speedliner »

Hm… UK, this ist not far from Germany…
Denis

Post by Denis »

jeffreyvdbogaart wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 14:08
Denis wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 10:58 First of my cameras just updated 🥳
Did it randomly start or did you restart your camera ? 😬
Randomly, no restarts or anything.
With previous updates I found no way of prompting. Restarting never helped for me, someone earlier thought they had success with an evening restart prompting overnight update.
Speedliner

Post by Speedliner »

Denis wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 14:12 … someone earlier thought they had success with an evening restart prompting overnight update.
I tried that some days ago, but it didn‘t update.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Speedliner wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 14:11 Hm… UK, this ist not far from Germany…
I have two more at home a lot closer :P From past experience they could still take more than a week to update, so don't get too excited by our proximity!
Speedliner

Post by Speedliner »

Denis wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 14:14
Speedliner wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 14:11 Hm… UK, this ist not far from Germany…
I have two more at home a lot closer :P From past experience they could still take more than a week to update, so don't get too excited by our proximity!
Oh snap! :shock: :lol:
The_Stewart

Post by The_Stewart »

Speedliner wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 09:39 Is there any way to force the firmware update? I'm eagerly waiting, but so far none of my cameras have made any attempt to install the update...
Just to tell you what the official line is on updates:
When a firmware update is available, Netatmo servers automatically distribute it to all devices for free. This process is gradual and may take up to two weeks. Your Camera will receive the update, install it and restart. These events will appear in your timeline.
A change log for every update is available in the English section of the Netatmo Forum.
However there is a special note here about firmware 153. I don't know if that means it can be used to force an update or if it only applies if you have a version below 153:
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... ery=update
If your Smart Outdoor Camera is running a firmware below 153, it needs an automatic update to function.
  1. Your Camera may still be updating, as shown in the app, it can take a few minutes, please wait.
  2. If your Camera does not get the update automatically, please follow the instructions below:
    • Turn off your camera (interrupt the power supply)
    • Remove the SD Card
    • Move the router closer to the camera or vice-versa
    • If a filtering is activated on your router, you need to white list for http and https:
      • *.netatmo.com
      • *.netatmo.net
      • *.cdn77.org
    • open the port 500 and 4500 in UDP for *.netatmo.net
    • Turn on your camera
Once the firmware of your Smart Outdoor Camera is up to date, it will be displayed on the app’s timeline and you can insert again the SD card.
Edit: I tried the steps above and there was no indication of an updating happing after about 45 min. So those steps above seem to be just for older firmware ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FYI: If you do remove the SD card, do not wipe off the dielectric grease. It’s there to protect the card’s contacts from the outside weather.
jeffreyvdbogaart

Post by jeffreyvdbogaart »

Edit: I tried the steps above and there was no indication of an updating happing after about 45 min. So those steps above seem to be just for older firmware ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FYI: If you do remove the SD card, do not wipe off the dielectric grease. It’s there to protect the card’s contacts from the outside weather.
Thank you for trying this. Let’s hope the update will be available soon for everyone

Return to “General questions”