HomeKit Secure Video ?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Denis

Re: HomeKit Secure Video ?

Post by Denis »

I just had a thought about the order in which cameras update. And, sure enough (or coincidentally, you decide!), the one of three that has updated so far, is the one with the lowest ‘serial number’.
70:ee:50:35….. has updated, the two starting 70:ee:50:36 have not.
What do you think?
jeffreyvdbogaart

Post by jeffreyvdbogaart »

Denis wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 14:15 I just had a thought about the order in which cameras update. And, sure enough (or coincidentally, you decide!), the one of three that has updated so far, is the one with the lowest ‘serial number’.
70:ee:50:35….. has updated, the two starting 70:ee:50:36 have not.
What do you think?
Long wait for me then.. mine is 70:ee:50:59…..

😂😂
Mrrtmrrt

Clicking HSV option in app just takes to web page

Post by Mrrtmrrt »

When I click on the Cloud Storage -> HomeKit Secure Video link in the Netatmo app, it redirects me to this web page: https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/36000095 ... 0013459820

Which doesn’t have anything on it.

Do others get this?

As a result I can’t turn on HSV for my outdoor Netatmo camera. (One of my outdoor cameras has firmware v251, the other has v198)

ps. Great to see HSV support at last. Yay!
net2021

Post by net2021 »

You have to configure this directly under Homekit (Apple Home App)!
Speedliner

Post by Speedliner »

https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... ery=update
If your Smart Outdoor Camera is running a firmware below 153, it needs an automatic update to function.
  1. Your Camera may still be updating, as shown in the app, it can take a few minutes, please wait.
  2. If your Camera does not get the update automatically, please follow the instructions below:
    • Turn off your camera (interrupt the power supply)
    • Remove the SD Card
    • Move the router closer to the camera or vice-versa
    • If a filtering is activated on your router, you need to white list for http and https:
      • *.netatmo.com
      • *.netatmo.net
      • *.cdn77.org
    • open the port 500 and 4500 in UDP for *.netatmo.net
    • Turn on your camera
Once the firmware of your Smart Outdoor Camera is up to date, it will be displayed on the app’s timeline and you can insert again the SD card.
In fact, i tried just that and the first of my cameras did the update!
jeffreyvdbogaart

Post by jeffreyvdbogaart »

Just got my camera update. Everything is working fine.
thealbs

Post by thealbs »

Both of mine have now updated firmware and I have set them to “Record & Stream” via the Home App whenever motion is detected.

However, when I view either of the cameras in the Home App I do not see the timeline across the bottom of the screen which is shown within the Netatmo videos of HKSV features. All I see is the “Live” recording.

Have I missed a step in configuring this perhaps? Is anyone else seeing the timeline via the Home app? I am on the latest version of the APps and IoS/iPadOS on both iPhone and iPad…

Update: I was a bit too eager to send that! For anyone else who sees the same behaviour … despite it having recorded some movement, my Home App took approx 10 minutes before it started to show the timeline and first recording. It seems to be working fine now.

The question now is… are people going to use both the Netatmo app and the Home app (which have different feature sets) or stick to one of them?!! Decisions … decisions …
Denis

Post by Denis »

My second updated today, it is happening in serial number (Mac address) oder for me, for what that's worth.

As for the question above, I'm pleased with how much better the Home app is over the Netatmo. The notifications come with videos, not stills and they are ready to run. Much less lag all around. I imagine I'll use the Home app by default, only resorting to the original app if I have to for a specific task.
I do think the timeline is easier to scroll through though, with all cameras present in a single list.
stefan75

Post by stefan75 »

Today 251 arrived in Groß Zimmern near Darmstadt (Hessen) Update was made sutomatically, no restart or something like this. Works Fine 😀👍
Kamerakash

Post by Kamerakash »

Maybe this is going in order of region, with sequential mac address ordering within each region.

I’ve got one camera numbered as 70ee50:28…. The other two are higher than that. No updates as of this hour.

Located in Central US

Return to “General questions”