HomeKit Secure Video ?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Jeroeng

Re: HomeKit Secure Video ?

Post by Jeroeng »

I got a problem with my second cam.
The first one update a few days ago and is running perfect on HKS I can view videos back of the previous days.
My second cam updated yesterday. It’s cone ted to HKS and installing in de HomeKitapp was not a problem.
But it will not start recording. I have put the same option on as on the other cam. So thats the same.
But Ican not look back and it is not recording.
I have the 2 TB so that shout not be the problem. It is the 2 secondcam in the homeKit
- MAC address: 70:ee:50:94:65:6b
- OS version: IOS 16.4 (20E5229e)
- Netatmo Home+Control app version: 2.22.0 (177)
- Product firmware version: 194
~Netatmo controler g94656b
BK1

Post by BK1 »

lukaszset wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 23:28 Hi all, After updating, the cameras started detecting motion. in fact, it only alerts that it has detected motion but doesn't record anything because there is no motion. In addition, I have set automation after detecting motion, turn on the lighting. It causes a lot of problems for me. Can you somehow go back to the previous version? When notifications overlapped with the Netatmo security app? I don't know why my cameras detect motion that does not exist but only in Homekit. In Netatmo security app notifications is ok.
I have the same problem. Since the update to v251 the Apple Home app constantly detects motion when there isn’t any. Netatmo app works fine.
lukaszset

Post by lukaszset »

It is helpful to change the notification only after recording the clip. Unfortunately, if you use a motion sensor, e.g. for automation, in Homekit it does not take into account the activity zone. My 2 cameras cover the street, of course I have marked the activity zone of only my backyard, unfortunately this is why the lighting turns on all night. I have set up the automation, when you detect movement, turn on the light for 5 minutes. The question is why when recording the Home app takes into account the selected activity zone, but not for the motion sensor? It worked fine in the Netatmo app.

NETATMO, can you help with this problem?
s-kaz

Post by s-kaz »

Jeroeng wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 10:57 I got a problem with my second cam.
The first one update a few days ago and is running perfect on HKS I can view videos back of the previous days.
My second cam updated yesterday. It’s cone ted to HKS and installing in de HomeKitapp was not a problem.
But it will not start recording. I have put the same option on as on the other cam. So thats the same.
But Ican not look back and it is not recording.
I have the 2 TB so that shout not be the problem. It is the 2 secondcam in the homeKit
I‘ve the same problem. The „Presence“ will not record an very slow reaction on MotionSensor for the light.
Cyv

Post by Cyv »

I have 3 installed presence cameras around my house. Since the new update i'm very confused about the configuration.
There are 2 new problems:

1. When I'm chilling in my backyard I deactivate the camera in the security app. So there should no recording and no light, when I am there. Since the update the light still switches on while the camera is deactivated in the security app. Why? It worked before, I didn't change anything... This is anoying.

2. I tried the homekit secure video with my presence in my frontyard. I am very confused, shouldn't it be possible to use the hsv recording, while nothing gets recorded on the sd-card? There is no configuration which allows me to record only to hsv and not to the sd-card. While there are 3 cameras and I only have a 200gb icloud plan, it is not possible to let 2 cameras record to the sd card and just 1 camera to hsv. :shock:

---------------
Da hier auch ein paar deutsche Kollegen unterwegs sind nochmal auf deutsch.
Setup: 3 Kameras, 200GB icloud Plan

1. Die Kamera auf der Terrasse möchte ich natürlich deaktivieren, wenn diese genutzt wird. Seit dem Update wird die Kamera nur noch "halb" deaktiviert und das Licht geht dennoch Abends bei Bewegung an, obwohl die Kamera in der Security App von Netatmo deaktiviert wurde. Das ist super nervig.

2. Ich würde die Kamera im Vorgarten an der Haustür gerne in HSV aufnehmen lassen und auch diese Notifications nutzen. Das funktioniert auch, aber gleichzeitig schreibt die Kamera auch auf ihre SD-Karte. Bei Bewegung durch Personen werde ich nun durch die Security App und die Homekit-Anwendung per Notification informiert. Es ist mir nicht möglich für diese Kamera getrennte Einstellungen zu treffen.

Ich habe nicht das Gefühl etwas falsch gemacht zu haben, aber man weiß ja nie. Für Vorschläge würde ich mich freuen.
Danke!
Jeroeng

Post by Jeroeng »

I contacted Apple, after I had only 1 cam running on HSV. I have now a Case. They adviced me to remove all the cameras and start with a clean installation.
I did this this sunday. I removed them out of the apple home app, i removed them out of the netatmo app, And I gave them a factory reset with the red card.
So I started with a fresh instal.
After installation of the both cams with the homekit code from the card, I have now both cams installed in the netatmo app and the Apple Home app. Both have now red dots, but I don’t have the time line anymore. Before I had it on one cam but now on zero. Every thing is installed perfectly and I have the 2 TB plan and a apple tv 4 all running on the latest software.

Netatmo….. why i????

I pick up the phone on monday and call apple fir this problem.
Is it the problem of netatmo or apple???
jamie9292

Post by jamie9292 »

I am only able to get one of my two cameras selecting "Stream & Allow Recording". Can't get them both on that setting. Any advice please?
Jeroeng

Post by Jeroeng »

For 1 camera recording on HKSV you need a icloud plan fir 200GB
For 2-5 cameras you need 2 TB icloud.
I have 2TB but 0 cameras running ( no timeline ) before the factory reset I had only 1 cam running on HKSV not 2.
jamie9292

Post by jamie9292 »

Ok, thanks, that makes sense.

Other question: I am wanting to set up an automation in Home so that if a person is detected at night, I can trigger some inside lights to come on. However, when I create a new automation and click on the "A Sensor Detects Something", I am only able to select "Detects Motion" on the camera. Is it not possible for me to automate when a person or vehicle or animal is detected? Or must it only be "Any motion"? This sucks if so because there are always cats etc in the night and I want specifically an alert for people.

Thanks
lukaszset

Post by lukaszset »

Unfortunately, the motion detection for automation does not take into account the selected zone and the type of motion detected. I have an even bigger problem because the camera detects movement outside the activity zone and turns on the lighting all the time at night.

Return to “General questions”