HomeKit Secure Video ?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Lammiwinks

Re: HomeKit Secure Video ?

Post by Lammiwinks »

So I now have it all up and running via camera.ui on homebridge. The interesting news is that HKSV works flawlessly! Instant recording, detects faces (and names them etc).

This proves it’s definitely a Netatmo issue not Apples issue. It also shows that it should be fixable via software update.

The only downside I’ve found so far is that performance isn’t as good as the native HomeKit integration.
Lammiwinks

Post by Lammiwinks »

Edit: Have largely fixed performance issues by using h264 encoding rather than pass through.
antaron

Post by antaron »

If you want the Presence to use HKSV right now, then follow bdormeal hints in this thread to use Scrypted software that you can find on Github. This worked immediately for me. A shame that Netatmo isn't able to fix this in short time, when iOS 15 betas were available since July 2021. They could have see that coming at a very early stage.
Mobileste

Post by Mobileste »

How does this solution work? Do I need to have a computer turned on all the time with homebridge? I’m not technical when it comes to these sorts of things
Lammiwinks

Post by Lammiwinks »

Yep. A computer or raspberry pi. It’s also not supported by Apple and doesn’t perform as well as native HomeKit.

Hence why we want Netatmo to sort this out!
Mobileste

Post by Mobileste »

Ah gotcha, so I have a Mac. Even if I wanted to do this workaround I would be able to as I don’t have a pc? Come netatmo, respond to your loyal customers with something at least!
Lammiwinks

Post by Lammiwinks »

It will work on Mac too. But your Mac will be doing all the video processing etc and will need to be on all of the time.
Lammiwinks

Post by Lammiwinks »

So I’ve logged a support request and linked it to this thread. Let’s see what Netatmo say!
smk420

Post by smk420 »

In like a week, you will get a response saying there is a fix in beta right now. Which is an improvement as they at least now will acknowledge there is a problem. There is a fw update in beta and it is shall I say better…….
Anyone wanna buy my netatmo hardware?
Lammiwinks

Post by Lammiwinks »

Ty! So there is acknowledgement and this is a known issue?

Anyway we can get on the beta to help test?

Return to “General questions”