HomeKit Secure Video ?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Denis

Re: HomeKit Secure Video ?

Post by Denis »

2 of my 3 suddenly have history again.
I saw that Eve announced very similar cameras at CES this week. I think they are mains powered also, with better speck and a slightly rounded, less industrial look.
I’ll certainly look closely at them when more information is available.
bdormael

Post by bdormael »

I have 2 presence and 2 outdoor Netatmo cams, none of them work properly with Homekit (streaming and recording).
Sometimes they record, sometimes they don’t, sometimes they are offline.

After weeks of submitting a ticket with Netatmo, they answered, we went back & forward (re-installing etc.) nothing helps.
At the end they said on their side everything is working fine and that they cannot see what’s happening on Apple side, case closed.

I’ve decided to return my Netatmo cams and go with Eufy, they are working fine with HKSV (I already have 4 of them)

Very bad (none) support of Netatmo and not able to solve something they are advertising.

I’ve told them I am returning my Netatmo cams and they don’t even bother.
fsf976

Post by fsf976 »

I have 4 outdoor cameras, a welcome and a door bell. None of the outdoor cameras record reliably in to HKSV. I get a recoding or 2 every few days but never from all of the cameras on the same day.

I'd return to using the Netatmo app for recording and notifications but it's options are far too limited to be useful. We need some cameras notifying all the time, whether anyone is home or not, and some only when not home or at night. There's still no option to have cameras automatically change to notify when at night.

The Home app and HKSV have all the options we need so I've set it all up on that. But it just doesn't work at the moment and no help on whether this is an Apple or a Netatmo problem. Maybe it is Apple, but given the very limited responses from Netatmo on the situation, I'm now looking to slowly replace my cameras with other options.

The lack of support and the limited options available in the Netatmo applications no longer make them the best options now.
lion827

Post by lion827 »

I agree, if Netatmo will not fix the problems, eve will be the solution - sorry to say.
mac1804

Post by mac1804 »

lion827 wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 20:38 I agree, if Netatmo will not fix the problems, eve will be the solution - sorry to say.
+1
till now : - 2 Presence , - 2 Welcome, - 12 Tags,

getting rid of the rest soon thanks to lousy customer care and firmwareupdates! :evil:

2 Presence, 1 Weather Station, 1 Outdoor module, 1 Rain Gauge,
1 Healthy Home Coach
orpjb

Post by orpjb »

Having the same issue with a Presence camera not recording to HKSV here.

Rebooting the camera (powering it off and on again) starts it working for a short time.

Last time it stopped working, it was immediately after a camera notification appeared on my Apple TV.

As an experiment, I've disabled all camera notifications on my Apple TVs and then powered the Presence camera off and on again and so far HKSV has been working correctly for 4 days.

I still get HomeKit notifications on my phone etc. So I'm hoping this wrkaround will 'stick' long enough for Netatmo to produce a fixed firmware.
Lammiwinks

Post by Lammiwinks »

Also experiencing this issue on my Netatmo cameras since IOS 15.1. I have 3 outdoor, 2 indoor - all are patchy.

A reboot seems to have them all start working for about 24 hours then they stop.

From what I've read on reddit it's something to do with TVOS's new alerts in IOS15 where it will popup on the TV with your cameras saying motion detected etc. People suspect this is causing the issues with HKSV.
bdormael

Post by bdormael »

I don’t have an Apple TV with TVOS (my homepod is my hub) and I have all these issues, so for my part it is not related to notifications on Apple TV.
And why are other brands of camera’s then working properly ?
Lammiwinks

Post by Lammiwinks »

Im no engineer but it "feels" like an authentication issue here. Where a reboot has the devices authenticate with HKSV but then over time this is removed. Would be great to hear from Netatmo if they're working with Apple on it?

Return to “General questions”