HomeKit Secure Video ?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
orpjb

Re: HomeKit Secure Video ?

Post by orpjb »

HKSV is still recording events for me after 10 days after all notifications were turned off on the Apple TVs.

Sorry, I don't have a HomePod to test anything for that; but I found an article on 9to5mac that suggests the homepod firmware is based on Apple tvOS since 2020.

This Apple help article also suggests that HomePod will announce who's at the door if you have HKSV, face recognition, and a doorbell device
-- that announcement might be HomePod's version of a notification so maybe that's worth turning off as a temporary fix:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/h ... 3d/homepod ("Use HomePod with a doorbell")

Specifically, I'd turn off all the chime related setting on all homepods, and turn off all camera notifications on all apple TVs, then power netatmo cameras off and on again.
bdormael

Post by bdormael »

Hi orpjb,

Thx for the answer.
I don't have a homekit doorbell, so HomePod is not giving me any notifications and I don't even have this option in the settings.

I will try once again installing homekit on my cams and then turn them off/on and see what happens.
I'll keep you posted.
bdormael

Post by bdormael »

bdormael wrote: 20 Jan 2022, 11:23 Hi orpjb,

Thx for the answer.
I don't have a homekit doorbell, so HomePod is not giving me any notifications and I don't even have this option in the settings.

I will try once again installing homekit on my cams and then turn them off/on and see what happens.
I'll keep you posted.
Did the test again with Homepod as hub and still not working properly.
I’ve also bought an Apple TV now, configured this as hub, turned off notifications for the cameras and restarted everything.
It recorded for 30 minutes, then it stopped.

Sporadically it records again but 9 out of 10 it doesn’t record any movement while the Netatmo app itself records everything.
Lpope

Post by Lpope »

I was to.d but Netatmo support that this worked for some users. It doesn’t with me.
They then closed my ticket.
Bit lame really since all cameras were soLd with this function
orpjb

Post by orpjb »

bdormael wrote: 20 Jan 2022, 18:09 Sporadically it records again but 9 out of 10 it doesn’t record any movement while the Netatmo app itself records everything.
That’s a disappointment. I suppose you removed the HomePod as a hub when you tested, right?

I have noticed that HKSV does miss some events, especially vehicles, with the current firmware. Sometimes the netatmo app catches it, sometimes they both miss it.

I guess the only other thing we can do is wait for a fix from netatmo or look at other cameras.
bdormael

Post by bdormael »

As a test I did the following for my 2 presence and 2 welcome cameras:
- Install SCRYPTED on my Synology in Docker
- Registered the Netatmo API so I can get a live stream URL
- Converted this live stream URL to RTSP (done via SCRYPTED) so it can be read via SCRYPTED
- Configured SCRYPTED so it exposes my 4 Netatmo cams to Homekit and includes HKSV
- I even configured plain old FOSCAM Ip cams via RTSP into Homekit so they are now also HKSV recording

RESULT:
- My 4 Netatmo cams are now detecting and recording properly in Homekit via HKSV as it should for the last couple of days and even notifications are turned on in Apple TV

PROVEN:
- That the problem is with Netatmo and NOT with Apple, as it works fine if passing by via SCRYPTED

SUGGESTION:
- That Netatmo takes a look at the SCRYPTED platform to learn how to integrate with Homekit HKSV properly.

PS : Same can be done via the HOMEBRIDGE platform also (when using the camera.ui plugin)
smk420

Post by smk420 »

Nice work. Can the same be done for the doorbell? I’m going to give this a try. Netatmo has dropped the ball! All my non-netamo cams work fine.
How do you get the url? i went into the dev site and was able to create a client id and secrete, but thats the limit of my noob skill.
Last edited by smk420 on 25 Jan 2022, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone wanna buy my netatmo hardware?
bdormael

Post by bdormael »

Doorbell also supported by SCRYPTED
smk420

Post by smk420 »

ive got homebridge running so will try the camera ui, but cant figure it out.
Anyone wanna buy my netatmo hardware?
bdormael

Post by bdormael »

smk420 wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 19:41 ive got homebridge running so will try the camera ui, but cant figure it out.
To convert Netatmo to RTSP:
https://github.com/planetk/homebridge-netatmo/issues/48

To setup Homebridge and the RTSP streams to HKSV:
https://www.reddit.com/r/homebridge/com ... amera_via/

If you prefer SCRYPTED iso Homebridge:
https://github.com/koush/scrypted/wiki# ... ideo-setup

Return to “General questions”