HomeKit Secure Video ?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Clem23

Re: HomeKit Secure Video ?

Post by Clem23 »

s0nic

Post by s0nic »

Clem23 wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 13:33 Could you precise what « soon » and « next » mean to you.
NOPE, they can‘t/don‘t want.
SHentschke

Post by SHentschke »

Today a new Update... one more without HomeKit Secure Video :shock:
jdman

Post by jdman »

Hi,

I saw in some article that discussed the posting for the manual for the Doorbell that the HomeKit video secure for the external camera is coming later this year. Do you have a better estimate of that now ? Thank you !
stleeft

Post by stleeft »

Well, one step closer at least if I’m not mistaken: I now see the option of HomeKit secure video in the cloud storage section, but it’s just pointing to documentation for the indoor camera even though I don’t have that specific product installed. Soon-ish I hope...
siobhanellis

Post by siobhanellis »

Hi, especially @jofre_netatmo,

I see HSV is in the UI for the app, and it gives instruction son how to set it up, but then you can't do it with the Outdoor camera as the "Streaming & recording" section isn't there.
Jab

Post by Jab »

With the latest firmware 189 still no homekit secure video option in setup? Will it be released this summer?
AndyR72

Post by AndyR72 »

+ 1 - it’d be nice to have at least a hint about when or whether this is happening. I bought in to Netatmo fairly heavily due to their early support for HomeKit, and I’m weighing up whether to add to my Netatmo products or whether to go with the competition. The Presence was fantastic when I first bought it, as the functionality was great and the Dropbox backup has been excellent. HSV is on another level though, especially with iOS 14, and the lack of it in the Presence really holds it back. After waiting for months for the doorbell before finally giving up, I’m worried that Netatmo is stagnating under Legrand.
RichDUK

Post by RichDUK »

+1 Isn’t it about 8 months now since HSV became available ?. Logi were extremely quick to roll support into their Circle cameras after availability and while I don’t expect everyone to be as quick off the mark as they were, I would have thought that 8 months is plenty long enough to get your head around this and have some indication of when customers might be able to expect something ? While no company wants to commit to dates and then miss them, the continued silence in this area I believe is becoming a greater embarrassment. I personally selected the outdoor camera based on your previous communication that you intended to support HSV. I’d actually like to implement other devices but I want whoever I select to support HSV. If you still intend to ...... fantastic. If you don’t intend to ....... fantastic too - because at least I can jump ship to another provider who does support HSV. I think this has dragged on long enough now and you owe your customers an update.

Best Regards

Rich
SHentschke

Post by SHentschke »

I am seriously wondering whether NETATMO is using this forum at all or reading from time to time. :-)

Return to “General questions”