HomeKit Secure Video ?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
vcdx71

Re: HomeKit Secure Video ?

Post by vcdx71 »

Really want to purchase a couple of the outdoor cameras, but just can't until HSV is there, been burned by broken promises from other vendors too many times..
Clem23

Post by Clem23 »

Hi @Netatmo,

Some answers on this topic would be appreciated. A one year old promise that has not been fullfill deserve at least an update, on this forum or by any other media, but please, consider all your customers that have so much interest in your product !
marsm

Post by marsm »

I've just installed my outdoor Presence camera and appears that there's still no option for HomeKit video. Is this correct?
Our country living, smallholding and sustainability journey: https://myhomefarm.co.uk
maxne

Post by maxne »

Yes it is correct. I got the information from the support team, that the HSV will be available till end of the year. Maybe they are waiting for iOS 14
Presence, Welcome, Weather Station (V3 + Rain Gauge + 1 Indoor module), Smart Doorbell, 2x Smart Smoke Alarm
marsm

Post by marsm »

maxne wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 13:39 Yes it is correct. I got the information from the support team, that the HSV will be available till end of the year. Maybe they are waiting for iOS 14

Thanks for that - I've connected mine to Dropbox today and will look at using my Mac as FTP server which will be far more efficient.

Has anyone here used their Mac as an FTP server, and if yes, what software did you use?
Our country living, smallholding and sustainability journey: https://myhomefarm.co.uk
MartinCZ

Post by MartinCZ »

Anything new on this topic? Is HSV still planned for Smart Outdoor Camera?
I planned to buy few of these soon, but HSV is a real dealbreaker for me.
Clem23

Post by Clem23 »

From Netatmo HelpCenter :
How to enable HomeKit Secure Video:
Make sure your Camera is configured with HomeKit first. Then, open the Home app, tap on the Camera to display the live stream. At the top left corner of the screen, tap on the gear icon to access the Camera settings page. In the "Streaming and recording" section you will be able to choose the "recording" option, which will activate HomeKit Secure Video.

Note: HomeKit Secure Video is only available for the Smart Indoor Camera
They dis not mention anymore the outdoor cam.

Last time they did communicate this way they cancelled the feature. They was suppose to support Netatmo Tags on the outdoor cam. After 1 year of « coming soon » the remove all the references and drop the feature. I have still some useless tags here at home :(
Jetmcquack

Post by Jetmcquack »

This would be really appalling. I just hope they are still testing...
I can't have the indoor section of my security system working on HSV and the outodoor not...
SHentschke

Post by SHentschke »

What's new?
Is Netatmo even planning to introduce HSV for outdoor cameras?
Jetmcquack

Post by Jetmcquack »

Now that you have released another useless colors update of the Netatmo app, can you please focus on this again? we don't care about brand design, it's just for Marketing/UI/UX guys, normal people just want that stuff works as it should.

Return to “General questions”