HomeKit Secure Video ?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Uknetatmo

Re: HomeKit Secure Video ?

Post by Uknetatmo »

interesting, I don' have this option yet in Homekit for my outside camera

It has indeed been a while, and from a tech development point of view if you have managed to get it to work in one of your other products then surely it cannot be too difficult to make it work with another camera. You like to think you would use a similar code base and hardware components? They must have their reasons, but it cannot be fearing for a drop in subscription cost as they do not charge subscription fees for their products unlike the other players in this industry, that is the main reason I picked Netatmo camera's over other products. Don't like to pay a subscription fee for recordings.

Fingers crossed that this will now become available soon but this must surely be one of the longer threads on this Forum by now and oldest :-) and who knows we will still be wondering in 2022 when everyone else have moved on to 4K camera's..........
mwyyz

Post by mwyyz »

When does this become a class action lawsuit? I mean I bought four cameras and doorbell only based on their advertisement that they will have HomeKit Secure Video. What a waste of time, effort, and money.
- iPhone 11 Pro iOS 14.01
- iPad Pro 12.9 iOS 14.01
- Apple TV 4K TVOS 14.01
- HomePod TVOS14.1
- Netatmo Security App 4.1.0 (674)
- Smart Video Doorbell Firmware 71
- 4xSmart Outdoor Camera Firmware 184
net2021

Post by net2021 »

+1
Clem23

Post by Clem23 »

Hi Netatmo!

Could you please update us on this feature?

Please!
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello everyone!
We know you are as excited as we are to be able to use HKSV on the cameras. We are doing our best to bring this functionality to everyone in the coming weeks.
Once again, thank you for your patience!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 10:35 Hello everyone!
We know you are as excited as we are to be able to use HKSV on the cameras. We are doing our best to bring this functionality to everyone in the coming weeks.
I know this is not the right sub-forum but does this also apply to the doorbell?
Denis

Post by Denis »

Well this is very welcome and exciting news. I don't understand such long silence or even why it is taking so long to achieve, but I am pleased it's still on the way. Just in time too, I am making recommendations to someone and had dropped Netatmo from the list for this reason. Now I will provisionally put it back on and suggest they hold on for the moment.

Thanks for the update.
georgeconstantin

Post by georgeconstantin »

4 weeks already.... for how many weeks do we have to wait? You do not have an estimate?
ChmGolf

Post by ChmGolf »

You have to adjust to the Netatmo timescale. "in the coming weeks" means "perhaps by the end of the year". But usually the firmware they release is quite stable and well-tested.
schwarzinger

Post by schwarzinger »

+1 Homekit Secure VIdeo is essential. Anything without HSV in my house will soon be replaced.

Return to “General questions”