"Video Unavailable. The camera is disconnected"

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
larry38

Re: "Video Unavailable. The camera is disconnected"

Post by larry38 » 27 May 2020, 18:22

No problem with the previous version. Issue still present.
Sony Xperia XZ1 / Android 9
Samsung Galaxy A71 / Android 10
--
Wireless M2M & Industrial IoT (LoRaWAN, Sigfox) close to Grenoble, France.

OmtatenTrams

Post by OmtatenTrams » 05 Jun 2020, 15:22

larry38 wrote:
27 May 2020, 18:22
No problem with the previous version. Issue still present.
I haven't gotten anywhere with Netatmo Technical Support. My camera continues to turn off during the day.

Any success on your end?

larry38

Post by larry38 » 05 Jun 2020, 15:54

It is better since June 2nd as I don't have disconnections anymore, still some slowness in the display of the live video. Bug from Netatmo servers?
Also a few minutes ago one of the the cameras has been upgraded to FW189.
--

fatbellybinky

Post by fatbellybinky » 10 Jun 2020, 17:56

If it's any help, I have two outdoor cameras, back and front of the house, both are on firmware 184 and they are working fine. However, a neighbour across the road has a single camera, also on firmware 184 but their's regularly disconnects and then after a while reconnects again. I've only found out because they asked me to check their camera for them. I had to help them out when they recently changed broadband provider moving to Vodafone (Huawei router) and although their camera is only a few feet from the room where their router is, the signal isn't particularly strong (2 bars as reported by the App). My rear camera also shows 2 bars WiFi signal strength with my Plusnet router in a front bedroom and I rarely see a disconnect so I don't know where to start with looking for the cause of their disconnects. Any ideas?

larry38

Post by larry38 » 10 Jun 2020, 18:08

I used several DNS (Free, Google, CloudFlare) but no differences were seen.
WiFi disturbances depending on the WiFi channels of all the routers available in the area where the cameras are installed?
Are the disconnections due to Netatmo different servers?
You could provide the Netatmo support team your camera MAC address (Serial Number) so that they have a look.
--

adeb007

Post by adeb007 » 10 Jun 2020, 21:31

Hello Larry,

Netatmo service are much that bad...

Mine is not working at all (after update...etc .. working?)

only point , go to trash with this device, far from a security device...

Ade

Wavyhill

Post by Wavyhill » 17 Jun 2020, 10:45

fatbellybinky wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 17:56
If it's any help, I have two outdoor cameras, back and front of the house, both are on firmware 184 and they are working fine. However, a neighbour across the road has a single camera, also on firmware 184 but their's regularly disconnects and then after a while reconnects again. I've only found out because they asked me to check their camera for them. I had to help them out when they recently changed broadband provider moving to Vodafone (Huawei router) and although their camera is only a few feet from the room where their router is, the signal isn't particularly strong (2 bars as reported by the App). My rear camera also shows 2 bars WiFi signal strength with my Plusnet router in a front bedroom and I rarely see a disconnect so I don't know where to start with looking for the cause of their disconnects. Any ideas?
Very similar experience here with Vodafone router , my cameras ( 2 outdoor) and my Velux controller (made by Netatmo) would drop off 2-3/week. I recently set them all to fixed ip and since have had no problems at all ....... maybe a quirk of the Voda router ? (same camera firmware - but problems persisted across previous version as well).
Hope this helps !

Ma55duh

Post by Ma55duh » 18 Jun 2020, 17:01

Wavyhill wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 10:45
Very similar experience here with Vodafone router , my cameras ( 2 outdoor) and my Velux controller (made by Netatmo) would drop off 2-3/week. I recently set them all to fixed ip and since have had no problems at all ....... maybe a quirk of the Voda router ? (same camera firmware - but problems persisted across previous version as well).
Hope this helps !
so, i've joined the forum today simply to give kudos to @Wavyhill.

i bought my presence early june and finally got around to the installation a couple of days ago. the installation was easy ... the setup was a pain, but i got through it and all was up and running, viewing, recording, notifying etc ... for two days, when it simply stopped working after dropping it's wifi connection. i tried literally everthing from simply trying setup again from within the app to isolating everything on the network, a reset and seeing if iOS Vs Android made a difference. ballache! in the end, i stumbled across this forum and down to the very last commen in this thread and, gues what ... fixing the IP address of the extender and camera got me back up and running again (on an EE router). whether it holds up or not long term who knows, but it's all up and running again now!

Ma55duh

Post by Ma55duh » 30 Jun 2020, 18:03

just a quick (positive update) - since fixing (making static) the IP address(es) of the camera and extender, everything has remained connected 99% of the time.

on the 1% occasions where the connection has dropped, it has picked back up again without the need for any intervention on my part (whereas before, I had to intervene ... which largely involved the dropping of various 'f' and 'c' bomb combos in earshot of my neighbours)

Wavyhill

Post by Wavyhill » 02 Jul 2020, 19:47

Just a quick (depressing) update from me . After 2 weeks with no problems at all , it’s back 😢 My rear camera is back to its old ways ..... HomeKit “camera unavailable “ messages back (but still Woking in Netamo app).
I’ll keep trying to figure things out , any help would be appreciated 😄👍
Ps - glad the fixed ip idea seems to have helped you guys ! Reading your posts it occurs that I didn’t fix the access point - now done , so fingers crossed 🤞

Return to “General questions”