Floodlight multiple activations without any event recorded in timeline

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
DAJ

Floodlight multiple activations without any event recorded in timeline

Post by DAJ » 17 Mar 2020, 22:08

Another windy evening and being able to view one of my cameras I noted that the floodlight activated 24 times between 19:00 and 20:30 with only three events recorded in the timeline (each of the three events were denoted as a person, but also incorrect). I am also seeing animal and "motion detected" recorded events where the floodlight has been activated where it is not configured to do so.

In one hour 30 minutes, that has resulted in 48 minutes of Floodlight activation, where only 6 minutes of that time were confirmed and recorded as events.

Netatmo, you market the floodlight to switch on for specific events "The smart floodlight can be switched on manually in the app or set to switch on when it detects a person, car or animal - or for all three. It helps you find your way safely at night and deters any unwanted visitors." Therefore why have they been coded to switch the light on at first algorithm detection regardless of whether the event has actually be confirmed as a person/animal or car. This results in multiple activation's of the floodlight for none events, nothing recorded and annoyance to neighbours.

Either switch the light off if the second algorithm detection does not confirm the first or preferably only switch the light on once both detection algorithms tests have confirmed each other and that an event has actually occurred.
Last edited by DAJ on 19 Mar 2020, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

ideowen

Re: Floodlight multiple activations without any event recorded in timeline

Post by ideowen » 19 Mar 2020, 20:05

Well I have the issue it seems to activate the floodlight, but it won’t turn off automatically...
This happens few times a week...

DAJ

Post by DAJ » 19 Mar 2020, 20:21

ideowen wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 20:05
Well I have the issue it seems to activate the floodlight, but it won’t turn off automatically...
This happens few times a week...
I have also had this before, one of my lights stayed on for 30+ minutes, then off then back on for 20 then off etc, due to their coding of turn on the light at first detection algorithm test instead of the second test confirming the event, so the two minute timer keeps resetting on every first detection.

They can fix this easily as for the first 6 months or so after release the floodlight only switched on for actual confirmed events rather than the first detection test until they updated for “faster detection” (first detection test rather than confirmed event test)

ideowen

Post by ideowen » 19 Mar 2020, 21:54

Well mine is currently on for a few hours now... and it won't turn off unless I turn off the light in the app, and turn it back on auto. It detected a animal in the garden a few times, but still it stays on...

ideowen

Post by ideowen » 22 Mar 2020, 10:34

So is there a way we can report bugs, or is this forum just it?
The floodlight sometimes even stays on the next at daylight... pretty annoying.

Subzero

Post by Subzero » 22 Mar 2020, 10:38

I'd report via support/ email, the forums have been dead for months haven't seen a moderator reply in months. It is a worry though as the icon changed now just named security (no mention of netatmo), and winding down here in the forums, are they packing up/ selling off the brand?

Willyboy

Post by Willyboy » 26 Mar 2020, 12:25

Hi all ;

I have the same issue : floodlight stays activated without any reason , and won't turn off !
tried several times to switch off the current , but once i switch the current on again, the floodlight go's on ,and stay on !
anybody a solution for this issue ?

greets,

Willy

Jarlo

Post by Jarlo » 28 Mar 2020, 05:47

@ Subzero: Netatmo was sold to Legrand in 2018.
https://techcrunch.com/2018/11/14/legra ... p-netatmo/

Return to “General questions”