Files going missing between 22:55-05:05

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
zhuffzilla15

Files going missing between 22:55-05:05

Post by zhuffzilla15 »

This has been happening for a while - even through past versions of the firmware but seems to be happening more recently.

I get quite a bit of wildlife in my garden at night and use the cameras to see what happened, often there is just a gap usually between 22:55 and 05:05 and sometimes the files are there but then disappear later that day.

The files disappear from both my phone and the website on my login - oddly my partners phone sometimes keeps the files that don't show up on mine (we use two different accounts)

I set up a local FTP server and am seeing the missing files on my server so they are getting recorded and I have set the camera not to delete any recordings for a year.
I have two cameras and replaced the SD card on one of them about 6 months ago but all events from both cameras are missing so I don't think it is a hardware issue.

My feeling is something is deleting the events - but I have no clue what could be doing this.

Anyone else have a similar issue or know how I might resolve this?
Ekristoffe

Re: Files going missing between 22:55-05:05

Post by Ekristoffe »

I will say:
First change your password. we never know.
Next test another SD card (just in case).
Last can you try to fake the time on the camera ? Example change the time or timezone ?
zhuffzilla15

Post by zhuffzilla15 »

Ekristoffe wrote: 15 May 2020, 08:37 I will say:
First change your password. we never know.
Next test another SD card (just in case).
Last can you try to fake the time on the camera ? Example change the time or timezone ?
Thanks for the reply,

IMO this is a server side issue -
The issue has been happening for a while but I have been trying a few things to resolve.

SD card in one of the cameras replaced about 4 months ago - makes no difference as files are missing from both cameras during the same time period.
I have noticed that if I back out of the application and reload then the missing files from the gap come back (although not always) -

There are also some single files that never seem to come back - I can watch a file and then try to re-watch it a couple of hours later and it is missing from the timeline both in the app and from the website.

I don't know how the files in the app are playing - e.g. are they fully uploaded to the cloud and you are playing from a Netatmo server or are you playing the file direct from the SD card?

If the first method is correct then it sounds like a server file storage or server unable to handle the volume of requests.
if the second method is correct It sounds like the SD cards are getting degraded so much that the volumes are unstable - however that dosn't makes sense to me if files from both cameras are going missing during the same time period.
Ekristoffe

Post by Ekristoffe »

indeed maybe a server load issue or a server data problem.

Return to “General questions”