Presence Night Time Red LEDs not working

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jl_cam

Re: Presence Night Time Red LEDs not working

Post by jl_cam »

Yes, your workaround brings back the LEDs.

The LEDs at my Presence stopped working a few weeks ago. Sometimes they worked again when I did a "Hard Reload" --> Power Off/On. So I am pretty sure that it is a software issue.

I was happy when the LEDs worked again after the latest update. But only for 2 or 3 days, then the problem again occurred: LEDs are not working when it is dark outside.
Petruskie

Post by Petruskie »

Is it dark enough. I also have a little light that shines in the ground (when stopping) the red lights shine. Maybe something changed in the environment. Otherwise hardware issue?
4 outdoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
4 indoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
1 smart door bell
2 smart thermostats (7 valves, relay)
2 Smart weather stations with 3 indoor outdoor wind,rain module
5 smoke alarm
2 carbon monoxide
jl_cam

Post by jl_cam »

No, it is absolutely dark. The next street lamp is about 100 meters away. That hasn't changed since the last years.

And an update to my yesterday's post: Starting the "Live view" doesn't always start the LEDs. Today I had to start it 10 times or so before the LEDs lit up.
jl_cam

Post by jl_cam »

The IR and the Floodlight LEDs of my Presence now haven't worked for 6 weeks or so. I tried alle hints and tricks during that time. Nothing helped.

Yesterday the IR LEDs went on when it became dark outside. I was really surprised. I did some work outside and suddenly the Floodlight got active. Nothing has been changed in the last 3 or 4 weeks.
I think there is a software fault that sometimes prevents the IR LEDs and the Floodlight from working. I'm still hoping that this will be fixed in the next firmware update.

Return to “General questions”