No picture and the flood light has stopped working!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
blimkin

Re: No picture and the flood light has stopped working!

Post by blimkin »

Support have finally informed me that the camera is faulty but saying they won't replace it as it's out of warranty. I've asked for the problem to be escalated as it's not a cheap device and multiple users are having the same issue.

Similar issues on other threads as well.
Speedyli@aol.com

Post by Speedyli@aol.com »

Same problem with my Presence that I purchased in Feb 2018. It started about six weeks ago No nighttime vision
and no floodlight. If I switch the power of for 30mins then back on both issues are resolved for 12-24 hrs then the issue returns. A firmware issue has already been suggested does anyone know when version 184 was applied to the Presence?
Ma55duh

Post by Ma55duh »

v184 (April 30th 2020)
gregd72002

Post by gregd72002 »

rcvs wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 21:16 Hi,
Could anyone offer any advice on my subject issue please?
When I turn the camera on, I get the usual message on the App to say Net Cam connected and also the Live indication shows but there is no picture at all just a black screen (previously it has been working very well). Secondly, the flood light is off and the Red LEDs are no longer visible.
I have gone through the reset procedure but no joy and I have also been through settings but I can't seem to get anything to work (camera is enabled and the floodlight selected to auto).
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks...
Same problem in here. The camera was working fine yesterday. Today is as described by you.
I tried resetting and setting it up again but no joy either.
I will be trying to replace the sd card tomorrow.
Mlang

Post by Mlang »

I had the same issue after a SD Card change.

Thanks to beert’s steps it is working again... Thank you beert!
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

I've had mine since Jan 2019, just over 2 years now and a few weeks back the night vision just stopped working. I can see the red LED's are still on and working when its dark, but the camera shows a black screen, its like the night vision mode cannot activate (even though the IR leds are on).

I contacted Netatmo and they offered the special treatment £55 exchange option. I feel a little ripped off by this. The lifespan of this product should exceed 2 years, its a floodlight which was very expensive to begin with. I understand its more than just a floodlight, but without the floodlight functionality its rather useless. I now have no floodlight at the front of my house which means its pitch black at night. Not only for me when i return home, but also the security aspect which was the whole point of this camera. £55 to exchange is rather dear, considering I can purchase a LED floodlight and a basic outdoor camera for similar money, without the original £200+ costs! Netatmo need to fix their quality issues before valuing their products so highly. Its a good product, but this is rather disappointing.

I think i will revert back to cheaper products, where the life expectancy is around 2 years and for the cheaper price tag...I wouldn't really care so much to replace after 2 years with a newer, enhanced product as Tech evolves so quickly over time!
riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

Johnny5 wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 16:12 I've had mine since Jan 2019, just over 2 years now and a few weeks back the night vision just stopped working. I can see the red LED's are still on and working when its dark, but the camera shows a black screen, its like the night vision mode cannot activate (even though the IR leds are on).
Sounds like in your case the IR cut-off filter that is in place during the day is stuck - so the IR is still shining, but the camera can't see in infrared at nighttime. Mine did this, but early on in its life, so was replaced under warranty - lucky me!
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

riskymoth wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 19:26 Sounds like in your case the IR cut-off filter that is in place during the day is stuck - so the IR is still shining, but the camera can't see in infrared at nighttime. Mine did this, but early on in its life, so was replaced under warranty - lucky me!
Thanks - good to know. Maybe i will give it a good whack and it might fix the issue! :lol:
Tha_Matt_Man

Post by Tha_Matt_Man »

beert wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 09:38 I got the same issue: camera connected to the wifi; however black screen, floodlight nor infrared leds working.

By trial and error, in the end this sequence seemed to work:
1) disable everything: floodlight, monitoring...
2) unplug the camera; wait a minute; plug in again
3) camera came online again, next I enabled the settings again.
The camera has been working normally since.

It would be interesting if this does the trick for cams with the same issue...
Thank you this worked for me ! After a very wet day+night the camera had this problem.

Nothing worked, also tried a new SD-card.. nothing.

Followed everything as above and it works again !

Already had to buy a new one a month ago, which was 3 years old... IR died, floodlight still worked.

This would have been the second one...
JanHappy

Post by JanHappy »

Today Netatmo responded to my bug report and told me that version 3.3.2 was pushed to my cam. Let’s hope this resolve the issues!

Return to “General questions”