no continuity when recording movies

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
KrTr

no continuity when recording movies

Post by KrTr »

Hi,

Maybe you have encounter such problem already and will be able to help. Namely, it looks like this: videos (downloaded or in app) are not continuous, sometimes it lacks few seconds from the recording, sometimes even more. Here is an example: you can see person walking next to camera, picture freeze (video time is moving forward) and you can see person in other location - so it miss the movement of the person. Other example is: in the app tile you can see person getting into car, when you start the video, it starts when the car is driving away (miss crucial part of the video). What can cause the problem?

Thanks for help!

BR,
KrTr
jacobhogh

Re: no continuity when recording movies

Post by jacobhogh »

I got the same problem. Problem both when downloading video or using web viewer. In web viewer it can be seen in time line that something is missing
Timeline.png
Timeline.png (90.6 KiB) Viewed 1942 times
Thanks, Jacob
riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

I had the same problem - replacing the SD card with a new one along with a reapplication of the special silicon grease seemed to fix it for me.
KrTr

Post by KrTr »

OK, Thx. Is this some kind of a special silicon grease?
Hoodoo

Post by Hoodoo »

Best option for any electronic or electrical connections is called "Dialectic Grease"
chappy-hd

Post by chappy-hd »

Hi, are you sure that this is caused by a "bad" SD card? I have those issues since day 1 when i bought my two Netatmo presence devices. First of all i thought its a connection / weak wifi issue, so i tried to optimize everything as far as i could but the problem is still there (its about 8 months ago when i mounted them). When this is a SD card issue on both of my devices, shouldn't Netatmo replace them for me as part of the warranty? Looks like this is a known issue and many people are affected of this.
jacobhogh

Post by jacobhogh »

Hi

I got a replacement SD card from Netatmo (Verbatim 16GB) (https://shop.netatmo.com/en-gb/security ... crosd-card) but this did not help. I have now tried to buy a SanDisk Extreme microSDHC 32GB from Amazon (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XWMQ81P). So far it works correctly, but I have only had it since December 8. I did also buy some grease (https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Synco-Synthe ... B007UU9JMS) to apply to the SD card
chappy-hd

Post by chappy-hd »

I can now confirm that replacing the SD card fixed it. I replaced the internal one (Verbatim 16GB) with a SanDisk Extreme microSDXC 64GB (https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07FCMBLV6/ref ... UTF8&psc=1) on both of my presence cameras and they work like a charm for the last three days now. Two of my colleagues returned their Netatmo because of this issue and switched to another product. They were surprised to hear this fix now. I dont understand why Netatmo is not just switching away from those bad sd cards. Simple solution. Thanks for all your help.
Petruskie

Post by Petruskie »

I think there was a problem with a special lot (of sad cards). The first two camera’s stops after 3 days. Replacing sd card (from netatmo with guarantee) solves this problem. It was not missing movements, this issue came later.

Had the same issue with some missed movements. Changing the recording modus to my synology from 1020 to 620 fixes these problem.

So I think it is,the hardware which is too low for streaming in high quality to a nas and recording everything. Or the speed of the cards. Now it is ok, but the streamed videos have a lower quality on nas. i record 4 camera’s continuous.

Question to the other people, you also stream to a nas?
4 outdoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
4 indoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
1 smart door bell
2 smart thermostats (7 valves, relay)
2 Smart weather stations with 3 indoor outdoor wind,rain module
5 smoke alarm
2 carbon monoxide

Return to “General questions”