Recent Failures - Cameras Purchased in 2018

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
BenjiBoisemont

Re: Recent Failures - Cameras Purchased in 2018

Post by BenjiBoisemont »

I have the same issue with my outdoor camera.
Since the middle of December, the flood light and the infrared stopped working. Nothing, I’ve done changed the situation. It looks like, it happened just after the upgrade of the firmware to the release 198. Waiting for the release 200. I have 2 outdoor cameras, both are in release 198, but just one is facing this issue. I would say that the firmware 198 definitively damaged my camera because Netatmo offers me to change my camera against 55€. Théy wouldn’t have offer me this deal if it was just a software issue.
One of my neighbors, also had the same problem last years, and one of my indoor camera had the same defect with infrared lights last year. This seems to happen very often on Netatmo cameras. I think they know the defect but refuse to admit it.
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

Same experience and same issue. Camera changed for 55€ and works ok....how long?
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

I've had mine since Jan 2019, just over 2 years now and a few weeks back the night vision just stopped working. I can see the red LED's are still on and working when its dark, but the camera shows a black screen, its like the night vision mode cannot activate (even though the IR leds are on).

I contacted Netatmo and they offered the special treatment £55 exchange option. I feel a little ripped off by this. The lifespan of this product should exceed 2 years, its a floodlight which was very expensive to begin with. I understand its more than just a floodlight, but without the floodlight functionality its rather useless. I now have no floodlight at the front of my house which means its pitch black at night. Not only for me when i return home, but also the security aspect which was the whole point of this camera. £55 to exchange is rather dear, considering I can purchase a LED floodlight and a basic outdoor camera for similar money, without the original £200+ costs! Netatmo need to fix their quality issues before valuing their products so highly. Its a good product, but this is rather disappointing.

I think i will revert back to cheaper products, where the life expectancy is around 2 years and for the cheaper price tag...I wouldn't really care so much to replace after 2 years with a newer, enhanced product as Tech evolves so quickly over time!
daveba33

Post by daveba33 »

My Presence camera (bought 2017) died last week. Support gave me instructions to try and fix it but nothing worked. The camera is completely dead.

Return to “General questions”