Recent Failures - Cameras Purchased in 2018

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
htims1989

Recent Failures - Cameras Purchased in 2018

Post by htims1989 »

Could you please leave a comment here if you have had a camera recently fail (night vision LEDs/floodlight/complete failure) with a camera purchased in 2018?

Seems like there are a decent number of expensive bricks out there that have only lasted a couple of years. I’ve asked Netatmo support if there is some kind of replacement program or at least a cut price out of warranty repair. Whilst waiting for a response, I’m hoping to find others in a similar position. For the price I would expect these things to last longer than 2 years!
Winnie13

Re: Recent Failures - Cameras Purchased in 2018

Post by Winnie13 »

Hello, i am french living in France and i want to inform you about a method (working on mine) to start again the leds after the setup to firmware 198.
When it's dark and no leds working (infra reds or white) in the "Security" application you request a "live" view and "miracle" the infra reds leds start and if a movement is detected the white comes on.
It's really a problem about the soft because the hard is working and this just after the setup to firmware 198.
Please tell me if the method is working for your camera and i try to contact and inform Brieuc engineer through my Netatmo contact .
Best regards
currychip

Post by currychip »

My Presence that I’ve had installed for over 2 years stopped working just last week. It was during a night of heavy rain where I woke up to find my fuse board Residual Current Device tripped; after resetting all circuit devices powered up except my Presence - so I’m concluding it was the cause of the RCD trip due to water ingress and it’s now bricked. It’s not the first water ingress issues I’ve had with this model; other ones I’ve installed for family/friends have blown the tracks of SD cards within weeks of install - one of them has taken to putting a cut out plastic milk carton over the back of the unit as extra weather protection. I do recall when buying mine originally it had an appropriate IP rating and was stated as suitable for outdoor use but now when I look up the spec of current models IP is no longer specified and has been replaced with HZO protection standard. To me this looks like an inherent flaw in the early models to the point where they’ve had to change standard. I plan to remove mine in the coming days and do a disassembly (may as well since it’s long out of warranty) and see if I can find any water marks/blown circuitry. All in all it’s very disappointing for what is suppose to be a premium quality product.
Petruskie

Post by Petruskie »

Are the lights working? Are the light up vey dimmed? In that case, just replace your sd card.
4 outdoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
4 indoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
1 smart door bell
2 smart thermostats (7 valves, relay)
2 Smart weather stations with 3 indoor outdoor wind,rain module
5 smoke alarm
2 carbon monoxide
Ma55duh

Post by Ma55duh »

currychip wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 10:08 My Presence that I’ve had installed for over 2 years stopped working just last week. It was during a night of heavy rain where I woke up to find my fuse board Residual Current Device tripped; after resetting all circuit devices powered up except my Presence - so I’m concluding it was the cause of the RCD trip due to water ingress and it’s now bricked. It’s not the first water ingress issues I’ve had with this model; other ones I’ve installed for family/friends have blown the tracks of SD cards within weeks of install - one of them has taken to putting a cut out plastic milk carton over the back of the unit as extra weather protection. I do recall when buying mine originally it had an appropriate IP rating and was stated as suitable for outdoor use but now when I look up the spec of current models IP is no longer specified and has been replaced with HZO protection standard. To me this looks like an inherent flaw in the early models to the point where they’ve had to change standard. I plan to remove mine in the coming days and do a disassembly (may as well since it’s long out of warranty) and see if I can find any water marks/blown circuitry. All in all it’s very disappointing for what is suppose to be a premium quality product.
after the initial install i also noticed water running along underneath the camera where the SD card is housed; i stuck a bit of overhanging insulating tape around the back and round the sides a bit at the bottom of the camera. basically, created a lip at the bottom / back. (fingers crossed) the rainwater just runs off the insulating tape now onto the floor as opposed to running along the underside of the camera
AndreoidX

Post by AndreoidX »

I also have this problem with my camera from 2017. Since the update to FW 198, the picture remains black. Floodlight can be activated in the app, but it does not switch on. A factory reset (via iOS) is possible and the camera is constantly connected to the Wi-Fi. However, if the camera is disconnected from the power supply for a few minutes, the camera lights up for the first minute. Changing the SD card did not solve the problem.

Definitely a software problem. Netatmo - Please correct with the next firmware version.
Winnie13

Post by Winnie13 »

Same problem today, on Security i request a live view ans the infrared start after a few seconds....
Really a problem about firmware 198...
PaulMcG

Post by PaulMcG »

Same problem since firmware update, app has been giving no camera feed since Saturday but is still uploading to drop box.
Have done reset by turning power off but no joy...
PaulMcG

Post by PaulMcG »

So after submitting a support ticket but no response I did the following.

Reset camera using QR code
Put back onto network but same issue
The difference being that the controls for floodlight and monitoring off/on were now available.
Still no live feed

Disabled cloud storage (don’t know if required step?)
Still no joy

Turned off monitoring
Waited and then turned monitoring back on.
It wouldn’t restart monitoring until I turned power off and then back on again.

Monitoring on and now seem to have a live feed
Just need to reset zones etc.
Rudegar

Post by Rudegar »

anybody ever found a sure way to fix this?

mine haven't shown an image since 29/12 2020
and floodlight also does not respond

turned it off and reset it many times and repaired it with both Netatmo app and homekit

Return to “General questions”