Dissconnect problems and now a brick?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
njakts

Dissconnect problems and now a brick?

Post by njakts »

Hi folks.
My camera was purchased in Oct 2018, worked Flawlessly for 2 years and by the looks of it, now I have a 300 Euros worth brick.
All started with random dissconnects and reconnects. sometimes non stop (5min online, almost 1h offline) 24h a day, sometimes without any problems camera worked for a few days straight.
sometimes camera could not reconnect and I was able to start it by restarting power to it.
Recently between these restarts my app said, that camera is updating and will start in a moment, sometimes app said that update is needed and ''remove sd card and move camera close to router'' message. the message dissapeared by itself. Camera is 3m away from router so the connection is good.
I saw version change to v19x maybe a month ago, and the problems didnt disapear (random disconnects) and recently looks like my camera died completely.
By Netatmo help guide, I need a new SD card. My floodlight is always on (turns on ~1minute after power is connected) at half brightness. App says camera disconnected and configure network. Never had an error about SD card.
I tried different 32GB sd card - no change. I tried it without sd card - no change. I tried Factory reset QR code from the box - no reaction, I tried QR codes for network setup from my phone and from the paper from the box - nothing. looks like camera is completely dead apart from weak glowing flood light.
And with all that, camera is still restarging from time to time ( i see floodlight turning off and a click from camera lens i think)
I even left the camera working in front of factory reset qr code all day, and no luck.

I took it apart to see, maybe there is water damage or something - nothing, inside is very clean. Internal power supply gives out stable 24v so it should be fine too.
I wrote Netatmo about this issue last saturday, still no answer. And my warranty ran out in october 2020...

it would be cool if I could force update through SD card or something.
I am really really sad about this
If anyone has some ideas, please let me know, thanks!

Return to “General questions”