Update has broken Dropbox upload.

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Subzero

Update has broken Dropbox upload.

Post by Subzero »

I've noticed if you set your camera to upload say people instances to Dropbox it works if it just detects a person, but if it's person and car, or animal, it won't upload?!? Happens 100% of the time if anything else is detected on top of what you set to upload, so this is an update/ App issue not a Dropbox issue!

Used to work fine until about a few weeks/ month ago, so it did work ok until recently.
Subzero

Re: Update has broken Dropbox upload.

Post by Subzero »

It's frustrating as it's still happening and renders Dropbox uploads unreliable, please fix Netatmo, try for yourself if you don't believe me, and regards timeframe it's been the last month if that helps as I know an App update was done recently, which coincided with the issue.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Still no reply or fix.... welcome to Netatmo support! 😔
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Well the App update hasn't fixed the broken Dropbox upload, I wish they'd spend more time listening to the community and fixing issues instead of App updates that do nothing?
IanvanEde

Post by IanvanEde »

Also stuttering live feed and sometimes no live feed available
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Another App update, and problem still persists!? I think I'm done with ever buying Netatmo products again, I bought 2 cameras, and all weather accessories! But as you can see here, no admin activity what so ever?! They used to be ok before they merged, now they don't seem to care?
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

This is ridiculous, how can no one else in the community not have issue with this problem. And I'm sure Netatmo are aware of this problem, but probably to free up bandwidth aren't in a hurry to resolve. How on earth is it acceptable to set your device to upload a particular activity (person), but then it fails if a car or animal is in the same recording. It renders the camera useless for off site backup/ security?!

This is a major oversight, and the silence from admin, and too a lesser extent the community really disappoints me. There is just no support or help in the Netatmo forums, time to consider other options as since being bought out Netatmo is an obsolete security solution.
riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

I’ve just noticed this issue as well, since getting a dog! If I walk in front of my camera with my dog on a lead, the camera records internally but does not upload to Dropbox.

Hint to burglars: bring your pet when breaking into houses “protected” with a Presence - don’t forget to steal the camera too.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Not just me then?
Netatmo support is useless, it's now a pointless security device as it seems this is never going to get resolved (already over 4 months) for Dropbox and http upload!? I have a timeframe of when it stopped working, but they don't seem arsed to resolve?
Arthur_Netatmo

Post by Arthur_Netatmo »

Hi everyone, thank you all for your feedbacks. We have identified the issue and a fix will come shortly. I will keep you informed here as the fix is not related to an app or firmware update.
I understand your frustration regarding the delay of resolution, and I am truly sorry for that. The Netatmo Forum does not aim to replace our Support platform at helpcenter.netatmo.com, where you can contact the support team directly, especially for issues like this one!

Kind regards,
Arthur - Product Manager

Return to “General questions”