Netatmo presence installation problems = light status what does it mean?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Toni

Netatmo presence installation problems = light status what does it mean?

Post by Toni »

I bought 3 Netatmo Presence outdoor cameras. The first installation was easy going, no problem at all. The second camera was a little bit more challenging, it took me two approaches until it showed up in the Security App.

BUT the third camera I get NOT installed in the Security App at all.
Any help is welcome!

All 3 Cameras I installed in front of my Wifi Router with the same iPad. So theoretically it should be technically the same conditions. But the 3rd camera is frustrating me.

The error I got yesterday several times „Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten, Versuche es erneut“ in english „An unexpected error occurred, try again“.
Today I started again to get the installation done, but today the Security App is only showing „Suche nach der Kamera“ in english „Search for the camera“. I can show the QR-Code or not, somehow the camera does totally ignore it. The camera turns on the light or off, sometimes the lights stay on for a while …. What does the Camera try to tell me?

What does the different lights status tell me?
1. Lights goes on and stay on for a while and then stops with a click.
2. Light flashes very light once?
3. Light flashes strong once?
4. Light goes on flashing?

Questions regarding the QR-Code
1. When to use the QR-Code SETUP and when the QR-Code RESET, the app only say QR-Code?
2. How do I know, if the QR-Code SETUP was recognized?
3. How long Do I have to hold the QR-Code SETUP in front of the Camera until sign / reaction of the Camera or the App?
4. What do to when the QR-Code RESET is not recognized?
5. Should I move the QR-Code in front of the camera or keep it stable?
6. When is the correct time to use QR-Code RESET, what has to been selected in the Security app?
7. How long should I hold the QR-Code RESET infant of the Camera?

General Question, what is the right order?
1. Connect the camera to power and then open the security app and start installation?
2. Or first the app and start installation and then connect the camera to power?
3. When first connecting power, how long should I wait to open the app and start installation?
4. When I restart the installation process, is it good to turn off / on the power, or is it better to keep the camera several hours connected to power and to start the process later?

Many questions. Where do I find an installation guide / manual from Netatmo, where all my questions are explained?
I am totally frustrated!
megbo_b

Re: Netatmo presence installation problems = light status what does it mean?

Post by megbo_b »

As you are installing using an iPad.

For the third camera have you looked in settings/WiFi. Is there a Netatmo camera in the other networks that you can connect to and join the camera to the network in that way?

Have you managed to view cameras in the home app?
Toni

Post by Toni »

Thank you very much for your reply.

I do not use Apple HomeKit, all my other two cameras are not registered at Apple home app. I am only using the Netatmo Security App.
But back to your question.

In my situation (? is this normal behavior - I do not know?) I only see the Presence Camera in my WLAN Settings of my iPad, when the Presence Camera is slowly flashing.
But that is already my problem, how to get the camera in this flashing mode?
I invested more than 1 hour holding the QR-Code (white side as well as red side) in front of my Camera. The Camera light goes on, goes off, flashed once very light, flashes once very dim. But only one times I managed to change it into the situation that the camera started to flash for a longer time.

This one time, I saw the Netatmo Presence Camera in WLAN Settings and the configuration within the Netatmo Security App went on. And stopped with this very informative information "Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten. Versuche es erneut" in englisch "An unexpected error has occurred. Try again". Really good programming from Netatmo, giving this deep information, that everybody (besides me) understands what went wrong and how to correct it next time!

How do I get the Camera to flash? Any ideas are welcome.
Back to my questions above in my first thread, what does the light tell me. When is the correct time to use the QR-Code?
1. What distance is the correct one, 30cm as printed on the QR-Code our 50cm as displayed in the Security App?
2. Should I move the QR-Code Card slowly or better not. Should I move it towards the camera or away from the camera?
3. What is the error reason for displaying "An unexpected error has occurred. Try again"?
4. How can I try it again, when the camera seems not to recognize the QR-Code?
5. What to do to improve the recognition?

After investing several hours to get it work without any success, I start to hate Netatmo and I am maximum frustrated!
Fohlen11

Post by Fohlen11 »

Hi Toni,

can I ask you if fixes the Problem and in so how did fixed it.

I have Running 3 cameras since more than 3 year. Since 01.01.2022 (!) ohne of them do Not work with exactly the same indication as yours.

Thanks in advance
foxx

Post by foxx »

Having a similar problem since more than a year. I also tried formatting the SD card, no change. Any advice on bug fixing?

Return to “General questions”