Adding two Presence camera accounts

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
ahmed24

Adding two Presence camera accounts

Post by ahmed24 »

I have a presence camera configured in my household with the app. I've recently installed one at my parents and created an account for them and loaded the app. Occasionally I need to be able to go and see their camera. Right now I am just logging in to that one via the web browser and viewing it that way. Is there a way I can add that camera into my existing app without getting any notifications or anything from that camera?
megbo_b

Re: Adding two Presence camera accounts

Post by megbo_b »

I have a similar set up with my parents. They need to go into the app and in ‘manage guests’ add you as a guest this will give you access via the app meaning you can toggle between the properties on the app. However you will get all the notifications that are set up for that camera.
fatbellybinky

Re: Adding two Presence camera accounts

Post by fatbellybinky »

megbo_b is exactly right. I have two cameras but also set up a camera for my neighbour across the road and access their camera via their account as a guest using the App. When you open the App, in the top right corner you can toggle between the two accounts but as has been said, the Alert & Recording settings will be whatever they have set for their camera. These settings are also the same for both my cameras - you can't have different settings for individual cameras under the same account which is a shame. I also have an issue with floodlight settings (see my separate post) where the floodlight will trigger even if I set all events off in the Floodlight Auto Mode under Manage My Home. My only option is to turn the floodlight off completely whereas I really want it to trigger for persons but not animals. The floodlight settings under Manage My Home simply don't work. This was raised in this forum back in 2017 and it's still the same.

Return to “General questions”