Netatmo Presence Outdoor camera, disconnected & dead

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
frav

Netatmo Presence Outdoor camera, disconnected & dead

Post by frav »

Hi forum community,

One of my Netatmo Presence Outdoor cameras stopped working Friday 9 July. This Outdoor camera is since then disconnected. I have reset the 230V mains power supply off-> on a couple of times, but no difference. The Outdoor camera floodlight doesn't turn on as it should during start up. And the camera doesn't connect to Wi-Fi either. So it probably doesn't boot up.

In the Netatmo HelpCenter I have found & tried this,

https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... sconnected
-----
-Power supply
Reboot the Camera (at the fuse). The floodlight should turn on a few seconds then turn off.

If the floodlight doesn’t turn on at all, contact us.
-----

I have tried to reach Netatmo Customer Service support through the HelpCenter webpage and got a ticket number, but so far no luck to have any other response from them.

Doing some Internet searching, it seems as the built in Power Supply sometimes fails. It is, as I understand it, an AC/DC Power Supply with two DC outputs, 5V & 24V. 24V supply for the LED array in the floodlight. 5V supply for the onboard computer and camera.

FCC registration pictures of the NOC01 here, pic. 6 & 7.
https://fccid.io/N3A-NOC01/Internal-Pho ... os-3223773

It looks like an approx. 110mm x 35mm Open Frame Power Supply.

Anyone else here that have had a similar issue, and how did you solve it?
Fredrik from Sweden
2x Netatmo Urban Weather Station, 6x indoor sensors, 2x Rain Gauge, 2x Wind Gauge
9x Netatmo Presence @ 64GB Kingston High Endurance microSDXC [R95/W30] (SDCE64GB)
frav

Re: Netatmo Presence Outdoor camera, disconnected & dead

Post by frav »

One week have passed away without any kind response from Netatmo Customer Care Support...

I have today replaced the ded Presence Outdoor camera with a new and unused Precense I had on my shelf, that one was/are ment to be mounted on an other location. This new one works as supposed to.

In the old Presence camera cardboard box, I had a note of when the now ded camera was mounted, 2019-07-19, and it died 2021-07-09. So this camera diden't even worked for two years, thats dissapointing and it is an very expensive brick right now.

I have after the dismount connected it to an mains power supply 230V, to see if it makes any chirping or clicking noise or so, but it seems to be totaly ded...
Fredrik from Sweden
2x Netatmo Urban Weather Station, 6x indoor sensors, 2x Rain Gauge, 2x Wind Gauge
9x Netatmo Presence @ 64GB Kingston High Endurance microSDXC [R95/W30] (SDCE64GB)

Return to “General questions”