Apple Home cameras online/offline flapping

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
thealbs

Apple Home cameras online/offline flapping

Post by thealbs »

I have three Presence cameras installed. All are configured in Apple Home. I have had no major issues until 2 days ago.

Now, all three cameras are constantly flapping as being online/offline. They are connected to different Home pods and the network is stable for all other devices. It is only these three cameras that are affected.

They have become so annoying that I have had to disable all notifications, which is not ideal from a security perspective.

I also note that the three devices have all been upgraded to firmware 272 at some point recently - although I am not sure when.

I have raised a support request with Netatmo but does anyone else (i) have similar issues or (ii) have any ideas on how to fix this?
Kamerakash

Re: Apple Home cameras online/offline flapping

Post by Kamerakash »

Having this problem too sporadically on one of my 3 outdoor cameras. This one happens to be the oldest one of my 3- from before they were renamed from Presence to Outdoor.

Going to try a full shutdown of all the cameras and HomeKit hubs tomorrow- beyond that it seems we are in need of a new update to fix this issue introduced with 272
Kamerakash

Post by Kamerakash »

Update: it’s still doing it. Same camera as before, but my other 2 cameras appear stable.
thealbs

Post by thealbs »

Has it only been happening for you since 272 update too?

Netatmo support advised me to reboot devices but that hasn’t resolved mine either
Lala67

Post by Lala67 »

I have the same problem with my two presence cameras since today (firmware 272)
mla

Post by mla »

I have the same issues with both Indoor Camera and Presence cameras. When I go into the security app, some cameras are disconnected and I cannot see video recorded as the connection has been lost. If you wait long enough the connection is re-established. This is going on for some months. I have found that force quitting the security app and restarting it, will usually force re-establishment of the connection. I have a very high bandwidth internet connection and no issues with any other devices.

I know that the cameras are functioning as I still receive alerts and the “disconnected” camera still uploads video to Dropbox even if the app says a camers is disconnected.

Could the issue be with Netatmo’ servers?

It is very annoying as I receive the alert and cannot view the live stream. It really erodes my confidence in the system as a trustworthy live security system.

I have four locations. The issue is most prevalent in the location with 5 cameras: 3 presence, 1 indoor camera and 1 doorbell. Switching to that location costs time, but even if it is the active location, the above issue appears every time I open the app to view a camera. In the other locations it does not normally appear to be an issue. The doorbell appears to be excluded from this issue.
broger03

Post by broger03 »

I have this issue as well with one of my Presence cameras (I have 2). I believe, for me, it is caused by the camera refusing to connect to the nearest access point and thus having a weak wifi signal. I haven't yet found a solution.
wivaku

Post by wivaku »

In my case in Security app the camera appears as ok (don't think I am missing events). But, in the Home app the camera shows the live view but more often than not: the history is unavailable because the Home app says the camera was disconnected. I believe it started with the 272 firmware, still an issue with the 320 firmware.

See example.
Home app says camera was disconnected from Fri 18:36 till Mon 21:30. Even though the Security app has motion clips for e.g. Sun 8:12.
Attachments
PNG image.png
PNG image.png (154.47 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
Lpope

Post by Lpope »

Me too. I have firmware 3.2.4 on both outdoor cameras after complaining to support and one is fine. The other fails to record and is off line, but I check then it’s on line again.
Nothing recorded, later the data is there…
I had the same problem with recording on Security but nor on HomeKit. Now it’s not recording on both
It’s not right.
Mark@BC

Post by Mark@BC »

Same problem here!

Started a couple of days ago and never had this before. Several disconnections and automatic reconnections a day.

Doorbell is on the same repeater and works fine.
1x Presence outdoor camera siren V3.18.0
2x Thermostat V76 + 10x Valves V100 + relais 236
1x weather station v202, outdoor module V53 and additional indoor module V53

Return to “General questions”