Missing people recordings at night even more so on fw3.2.0

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Subzero

Missing people recordings at night even more so on fw3.2.0

Post by Subzero »

The latest update still hasn't fixed missed recordings, if anything it's become worse. Light went off, so went to Live view, person was there, camera obviously saw them but didn't record?!? Looks like the "New detection algorithms to prevent false positives" is set too high and just not recording when it's not sure. It's annoying as this is sold as a security device and my other brand cheap WiFi camera recorded the event Netamo missed??
Last edited by Subzero on 27 Sep 2021, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Subzero

Re: Still missing people recordings at night even on fw3.2.0

Post by Subzero »

Still ongoing, I can see the floodlight go on and if I remote on quick enough I can see a person walk past, but the new firmware algorithm is stopping it recording?? My simple PIR WiFi backup camera is proving more reliable now.
NED13

Re: Missing people recordings at night even more so on fw3.2.0

Post by NED13 »

Having the same issue… Team Netatmo, its time for action! Like it is at this moment i better hang some camera dummies. This is so bad and unreliable. Better jump back to the previous version.
Arthur_Netatmo

Post by Arthur_Netatmo »

Hello everyone, we are currently investigating this detection issue that some of you are encountering. Please contact our Support Team via https://helpcenter.netatmo.com if you haven't done so already, so that we can analyse what is happening on your cameras in compliance with our privacy policy. Truly sorry for this inconvenience, we will do everything we can to fix this as soon as possible!
Arthur - Product Manager
thealbs

Post by thealbs »

There is NO POINT contacting support if you DO NOT RESPOND. I have multiple unanswered support requests.

Regress the firmware to the previous version. You have enough evidence of fundamental issues with this latest update by looking through the forum posts alone.

Take some action. This is people’s homes and their safety we are discussing here.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Thought I'd mention this here too as it relates to night recordings. So Motorcycles aren't picked up too now at night, as they used too (rightly) be detected as a person too. I'm relying on a PIR camera now, which is truly showing how many events are now missed by Netatmo Presence. It's really bad, during the day you're fine but at night now if you're an owner I wouldn't trust your Presence and would immediately get a backup camera (cheap PIR maybe), knowing Netatmo's track record this will take a good few months to resolve.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

I don't know why Netatmo are so averse to just rolling back the update, they could've pleased everyone, and not be under pressure to fix the fault? Then again maybe not so much pressure as we're a month in with no sign of an update to fix this? It's telling that I now rely on a PIR camera as my main security camera, which Netatmo should beat for detection and distance of such.
Did77

Post by Did77 »

Arthur_Netatmo wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 17:53 Hello everyone, we are currently investigating this detection issue that some of you are encountering. Please contact our Support Team via https://helpcenter.netatmo.com if you haven't done so already, so that we can analyse what is happening on your cameras in compliance with our privacy policy. Truly sorry for this inconvenience, we will do everything we can to fix this as soon as possible!
My Presence have 3.2.3 firmware and there is still a lot of missing events detections (car mostly) :(
Did77

Post by Did77 »

I have contacted the support team on Twitter and they pushed 3.5.1 update to the camera. Wait & see ;)
bmmedia

Post by bmmedia »

Noticed same thing during nighttime on 3.2.3 firmware

Return to “General questions”