Lousy detection after firmware update (3.2.0)

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Lpope

Re: Lousy detection after firmware update (3.2.0)

Post by Lpope »

Interesting - I have OK detection within Security APP but Homekit misses detection of a lot since.
Arthur_Netatmo

Post by Arthur_Netatmo »

Hello everyone, we are currently investigating this detection issue that some of you are encountering. Please contact our Support Team via https://helpcenter.netatmo.com if you haven't done so already, so that we can analyse what is happening on your cameras in compliance with our privacy policy. Truly sorry for this inconvenience, we will do everything we can to fix this as soon as possible!
Arthur - Product Manager
thealbs

Post by thealbs »

Is it not better just to regress the update? Lots of people seem to have the same issues.

Also - I don’t know if anyone else has this but my lights are coming on VERY frequently for apparently no reason. No recordings, no notifications - just random lights.
Wolli

Post by Wolli »

I have 2 cameras both running on 3.2.0 and both of them have detection issues aswell but the worst thing is the floodlight on one of the cameras is on the whole night. If i turn it off then to auto it will switch on after a few sec and it stays on. Please investigate this firmware problem because its not only have false detections but consumes a lot more energy aswell because of the floodlight stayotaying on
Tha_Matt_Man

Post by Tha_Matt_Man »

Very bad detection indeed ! A lot of movements not registered
thealbs

Post by thealbs »

Wolli wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 21:07 I have 2 cameras both running on 3.2.0 and both of them have detection issues aswell but the worst thing is the floodlight on one of the cameras is on the whole night. If i turn it off then to auto it will switch on after a few sec and it stays on. Please investigate this firmware problem because its not only have false detections but consumes a lot more energy aswell because of the floodlight stayotaying on
Yes - my lights are on more than they are off at present.

Where are Netatmo to fix these issues ? I have three cameras and two smoke detectors that are useless after the latest round of firmware updates and not even an acknowledgement to my support chases.
GTD

Post by GTD »

Wolli wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 21:07 … but the worst thing is the floodlight on one of the cameras is on the whole night. If i turn it off then to auto it will switch on after a few sec and it stays on. Please investigate …but consumes a lot more energy aswell because of the floodlight stayotaying on
Same here, in my case it seems to be related to car detection and it was always on as the car parks in front of the house. Hasn‘t happened before, so needed to turn off floodlight when car is detected, now stays off. This helps not to annoy neighbors and to safe energy, But makes the camera again less useful.

BTW: another annoying thing ist that for the new model they only added a Sirene, w/o improving the really bad WiFi features (like for Mesh networks….). But that’s another topic.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

thealbs wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 20:17 Is it not better just to regress the update? Lots of people seem to have the same issues.

Also - I don’t know if anyone else has this but my lights are coming on VERY frequently for apparently no reason. No recordings, no notifications - just random lights.
Totally agree, it seems these issues are across the board, and not select cases as implied! Netatmo needs to admit this firmware version is broken, and regress all cameras to the previous firmware. Thank goodness I have a different make camera to fall back on, but not everyone has this option
Tha_Matt_Man

Post by Tha_Matt_Man »

Again proven that the camera is pretty much useless right now... At 5am (still dark outside) my wife left the house, no recording at all. Nothing.

You really can't trust the camera any more. So at night 0 protection for my car outside on the driveway.
thealbs

Post by thealbs »

Still no response from Netatmo … to the forums or the support emails. Very disappointing.

All three of my cameras went offline for 1 hour overnight and I hoped it was an update to the firmware. Sadly not. It was just another unexplained issue with the devices. An issue which did not impact any of my other home automation devices I hasten to add.

I purchased my devices via Amazon so have decided to leave some customer reviews on there as a last resort to try and stimulate some kind of response and action from Netatmo. The silence is unacceptable. Maybe public commentary abut their poor support in the ‘shop window’ will make them do something about leaving our homes so exposed.

Return to “General questions”