Lousy detection after firmware update (3.2.0)

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Subzero

Re: Lousy detection after firmware update (3.2.0)

Post by Subzero »

marty213 wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 08:19
Subzero wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 09:44 Did you request/ email directly for the update? I only just got 3.2.3 which is even worse. I hate how the updates don't seem to push all at once, one person may get an update, but the next person won't get it for another month after?
Keep in mind - they dont seem to be able to roll back, once a firmware update has been deployed. This way, only the camera of SOME poor customer will be bricked, instead of EVERY camera, if they would rollout a totally borked update to all at once.
The quality assurance of firmware updates is kind of obviously flawed, as we all now have witnessed. I am willing to start an investigation, if it would be possible to block the camera from contacting the firmware-update-servers on the network somehow. Once it starts working again, to prevent the camera from ever updating again.

Then make plans to switch to another brand, which is more reliable. I dont know about you, but I have stopped recommending Netatmo as a whole by now. Netatmo could have made up for the lost faith in reliability by communicating openly about status, and by proactively spreading information regarding the matter. They did not even choose to NOT communicate proactively, they chose the worst way in my opinion - let the users complain, then ignore them as long as possible. Funny they dont have a phone number as well, which fits into the "we dont want to communicate" scheme perfectly.
Yeah I used to recommend but haven't for the past few months. In fact all this has pushed me to another brand that's really good. It's a shame, and shocking that another post someone has been robbed thanks to the no detection at night. If Netatmo communicated and supported the forums I'd have more faith in them.
marty213

Post by marty213 »

helpcenter.netatmo.com has changed its status from the generic yellow warning to "green". Which means, everything should be perfectly fine now. *headscratch*
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

marty213 wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 15:06 helpcenter.netatmo.com has changed its status from the generic yellow warning to "green". Which means, everything should be perfectly fine now. *headscratch*
At this point I honestly don't think they care? :-(
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

marty213 wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 08:19
Subzero wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 09:44 Did you request/ email directly for the update? I only just got 3.2.3 which is even worse. I hate how the updates don't seem to push all at once, one person may get an update, but the next person won't get it for another month after?
Keep in mind - they dont seem to be able to roll back, once a firmware update has been deployed. This way, only the camera of SOME poor customer will be bricked, instead of EVERY camera, if they would rollout a totally borked update to all at once.
The quality assurance of firmware updates is kind of obviously flawed, as we all now have witnessed. I am willing to start an investigation, if it would be possible to block the camera from contacting the firmware-update-servers on the network somehow. Once it starts working again, to prevent the camera from ever updating again.

Then make plans to switch to another brand, which is more reliable. I dont know about you, but I have stopped recommending Netatmo as a whole by now. Netatmo could have made up for the lost faith in reliability by communicating openly about status, and by proactively spreading information regarding the matter. They did not even choose to NOT communicate proactively, they chose the worst way in my opinion - let the users complain, then ignore them as long as possible. Funny they dont have a phone number as well, which fits into the "we dont want to communicate" scheme perfectly.
If you find a way to block updates either via IP or Port blocking can you tell us, I'd love to lock in a firmware I'm happy with as they always break things in future updates.
Tha_Matt_Man

Post by Tha_Matt_Man »

Haha the system status changed to green indeed
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/

No mentioning of the firmware/detection problems any more... Great just great ...

So it's fixed then? Lol... I did NOT get any updates on 4 camera's ! All still on 3.2.0
kevinsmart

Post by kevinsmart »

My camera was upgraded to 3.5.0 firmware. Apparently the original detection algorithm was reinstated with security updates. It is working better now.
voz

Post by voz »

Can you trigger an update somehow? Mine are still on 3.2.0.
Phreet

Post by Phreet »

It seems that there are random upgrade waves launched for version > 3.2. So hopefully they (Netatmo) get a grip and push and speed up their development process.

It also sucks that there is a forum without any social manager from Netatmo to at least sporadically give feedback or act as maintainer for bugs and feature requests.

But hey, hopefully 3.5.0 with old detection gets released soon.
Klintan

Post by Klintan »

I also have Google mesh WiFi and got 3.5.0 four days ago. Had to manually restart one of my cameras but so far all three cameras seems to be working as they did before the 3.x.x release...

I have been in contact with support. Maybe they can flag accounts to get a firmware release faster?
Tha_Matt_Man

Post by Tha_Matt_Man »

Just now one of my 4 camera's got an update. Version 3.2.3 now.

Why not 3.5.0 as with the persons above... No idea...

Return to “General questions”