Lousy detection after firmware update (3.2.0)

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Subzero

Re: Lousy detection after firmware update (3.2.0)

Post by Subzero »

thealbs wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 08:36 Still no response from Netatmo … to the forums or the support emails. Very disappointing.

All three of my cameras went offline for 1 hour overnight and I hoped it was an update to the firmware. Sadly not. It was just another unexplained issue with the devices. An issue which did not impact any of my other home automation devices I hasten to add.

I purchased my devices via Amazon so have decided to leave some customer reviews on there as a last resort to try and stimulate some kind of response and action from Netatmo. The silence is unacceptable. Maybe public commentary abut their poor support in the ‘shop window’ will make them do something about leaving our homes so exposed.
They're always like this, there was a major issue with Dropbox uploads, and it took them nearly 6 months to resolve, see post:

https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=19755

Basically it meant if the camera detected anything in addition to a person it wouldn't upload to Dropbox. A major security risk as you could imagine, a burglar could bring a dog or drive infront and quickly break in or disable your camera and it wouldn't have uploaded.

So you will be waiting at least a couple of months for this to be resolved, maybe the Presence is no longer Netatmo's priority?
thealbs

Post by thealbs »

Shockingly poor. I also have 2 out of my 3 Netamo Smoke Alarms that have been rendered useless by their latest firmware upgrade on those devices.

Hence, I would say that quality and customer care are no longer Netatmo’s priority. It does not seem to be isolated to Presence.

Maybe a claim under the Sales of Goods Act is more appropriate than my constant ranting to ‘deaf ears’ on this forum. I will review legal options, not only for refund on monies spent but also for their negligence.
NED13

Post by NED13 »

@Netatmo, it's almost over 2 weeks now and thats not what security should be like!! Its useless at the moment and if anything gets stolen or broken theres no proof or whatsoever. It only records when they take an animal with them during their crime... We need to have this fixed asap, no more waiting!
200Puls

Post by 200Puls »

Hello, after contacting Netatmo regarding the faulty firmware, they installed number 3.3.0 for me. But it was the same shit. No change. Now you should wait for a fix. The question is - How long? Sorry for the bad English. School was a long time ago.
nethome

Post by nethome »

Hello,
This is already the second consecutive software failure (previously 271). The hardware costs a lot of money and works as it wants. I have 3 outdoor and 3 indoor cameras and a bell and thermostat + valves. There are constant problems with it.
There should be an option to pause updates, allow or not. I have lost patience and am switching to another company. I tested another company and there everything works nicely without lag. How can defective firmware be released into production without verification. Disappointed user Netatmo by Legrand.
Greetings to all those who are patient.
thealbs

Post by thealbs »

Where are you moving to? I’m ready to dump all of my Netatmo devices too. I need to secure my property with more professionally managed equipment.
riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

Just came here to say the same thing - latest firmware ignores far too much. I've lost confidence in the product - at one stage I was hoping to buy more of these cameras, but now I think I'm going to try another company's. Suggestions welcome please.
jlp44000

Post by jlp44000 »

@NETATMO what the *** are ou doing ????

no communication !!
no response from support !!
no update or roll back

ARE YOU SERIOUS ???
GuiPoM

Post by GuiPoM »

For information, my outdoor camera is running on firmware 3.3.2 for a day now and I am still facing the same issues.
Movement detected outside zones, and wrong identification in the zone...
kthemall

Post by kthemall »

hi, netatmo answered. if i click on configure network (any cam i use) a browser opens and a message is posted that their engineers are working on the failure.

hope they find the mistake soon.

thx tom

Return to “General questions”