fsf976

Re: HomeKit showing 6 updates required

Post by fsf976 »

+1
thealbs

Post by thealbs »

Yes - same here too.

It was this alert that triggered me downloading firmware updates for my Netatmo Smoke Detectors (which are also in HomeKit) which then resulted in 2 of those 3 detectors now being totally unusable. No response from Netatmo support despite multiple chases.

The quality of these software updates is only surpassed by the total lack of response to customers.

This isn’t a fault with a piece of software that is used to make our lives more comfortable - we rely on these products to protect our families and property. I paid a premium for these products when compared with others in the market for that peace of mind. I don’t feel like I am receiving the value or protection that I expected.
shrugg1e

Post by shrugg1e »

Same here! :-(

The_Stewart

Post by The_Stewart »

My outdoor camera and smart doorbell seem to have triggered this same issue. I have a badge of two on the home screen, the in the Home app it says three devices have updates available and to open Security app. However, both devices are up to date (3.2 and 2.18).

I’ve not attempted any troubleshooting just yet. But I have noticed that my Mac and iPad do not show the update message. Maybe removing and readding the Home app would work (provided you use iCloud. If not, you might need to set up all HomeKit accessories again).

Never mind. You can’t remove the Home app when iCloud is on and turning off and on Home in iCloud Settings didn’t clear the messages.
basvandertogt

Post by basvandertogt »

Same here +1
s0nic

Post by s0nic »

+1
wivaku

Post by wivaku »

I have 2 Netatmo Presence camera's.
My iPhone says 4 (Netatmo) camera's have updates, my iPad says 2.
Both camera's have already been updated to 3.2 firmware 2 weeks ago (the moment the notification appeared).
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

Welcome to the Netatmo World of Wonders
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)
Mark0

Post by Mark0 »

Netatmo took the odd decision to change the numbering of their software versions. They went from 272 to 3.2.0. That isn't understood by Apple's Homekit. While the trigger was Netatmo's the logic error lies with Apple. I doubt Apple will do anything so probably Netatmo will have to revert to the old version numbering system; probably 274.

Netatmo have acknowledged the issue and say they are working on it.
Kamerakash

Post by Kamerakash »

FYI, my update badge just disappeared. Seems like iCloud just updated because at the same time these disappeared I got an update badge for another manufacturers device

Return to “General questions”