Random Floodlight triggering but no events recorded

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
fatbellybinky

Random Floodlight triggering but no events recorded

Post by fatbellybinky »

I've noticed that my Presence floodlight covering my garden frequently triggers, even when none of the events it is set to respond to have happened. For example, if I set it to only trigger when detecting people, it will often still trigger when no people are in the garden and no events are recorded. It does however still detect people correctly if anyone walks into the alert zones, triggers the floodlight and records them as it should.
Even if I set it to respond only to cars, the floodlight will still often come on but nothing is recorded - not surprising as there are definitely no cars in my garden! It seems to happen less if I make the alert zones smaller but that defeats the object of covering the whole garden. If I deselect all events in the floodlight settings, that stops the random triggering and genuine events are still detected and recorded so the alert zones are working fine.

I'm interested to know if others also see random triggering of the floodlight when none of the monitored events have been detected.
thealbs

Re: Random Floodlight triggering but no events recorded

Post by thealbs »

My next door neighbour has now complained about my lights randomly turning on and off all night.

I did try to explain that the software provider had pushed out a totally useless update to the firmware and were now ignoring the repeated support requests …. but my neighbour appeared to care even less about that then the Netatmo support team do.

I think they have stuck their heads in the sand and just hope we will all go away. Customers … who needs them eh?
fatbellybinky

Re: Random Floodlight triggering but no events recorded

Post by fatbellybinky »

Good to know I'm not the only one having this issue. Both my cameras are currently at 3.2.0 so will be interesting to see if the promised 3.3.2 update makes any difference. I'm not sure if my other camera that covers my driveway has the same issues because I haven't had the patience to sit a watch it for a long enough time. The IR LED's give a decent enough light to record at night so for now I can turn off ALL events for the floodlight which stops it coming on at all. If the update doesn't fix it I'll raise a bug report.

Return to “General questions”