Camera glass weathered

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Mr.SanderZ

Camera glass weathered

Post by Mr.SanderZ »

All my shots with the Presence camera have a slight waze or smudge on the top part of the recordings. At first I thought the angle of the sun could be the cause, but even when the sun is shining from another angle the effect is visible. Then I noticed the glass in front of the camera appeared to be dirty on the top, but after cleaning I noticed a matte cast remained in the glass. It appears the glass is just weathered, nothing cleaning can solve. Could I replace the glass ? Camera is about 4 years old.
Screenshot_20211009-215440_Security.jpg
Screenshot_20211009-215440_Security.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1133 times
Home: Smart Outdoor Camera (will be replaced), Smart Home Weather Station, Smart Thermostat, and Smart Video Doorbell. Done waiting for the smart lock.
Mr.SanderZ

Re: Camera glass weathered

Post by Mr.SanderZ »

Unfortunately Netatmo just informed me that it appears not to be possible to replace the weathered glass in front of the camera.
This means I need to decide if I am going to retire my 4 year old camera or replace the glass myself. Not really the quality I expected from Netatmo..
Home: Smart Outdoor Camera (will be replaced), Smart Home Weather Station, Smart Thermostat, and Smart Video Doorbell. Done waiting for the smart lock.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

In fairness if that was their response and it was me, I'd write it off and move on to another make. The presence was a good camera 4 years ago, but 1080p and codec H.264 is old tech now and uses a lot of memory in relation to clip length/ quality. Add to this the very slow response to fix major issues (2 months and counting on the no person detection at night) , Netatmo is no longer the premium brand it was before the takeover which is a shame. The lack of admin interaction with the community in the forum is proof of this, as it wasn't this bad 2+ years ago.
Mr.SanderZ

Post by Mr.SanderZ »

@Subzero And that's exactly what I will be doing. Already switching to an alternative smart lock and smart smoke alarm. Timely support of most of the products is lagging, as are software updates, making most of Netatmo's products overprized.

Return to “General questions”