HKSV is also not working after firmware update

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
mac1804

HKSV is also not working after firmware update

Post by mac1804 »

Hi Netatmo,

this forum and the internet is full of people complaining that after your latest firmware -a other thread here is calling it lousy and I would go even futher- the detection of the outdoor cam is almost nonexisting.
Are you aware that Homkit Secure Video is also not working? I bet you are not!

I was first thinking it might be iOS 15, but even in 15.1 HKSV is not working and there is not one single recording since your firmware update.

People here spent a lot of money to buy your stuff and all we get is some stupid reference on your "Systemstatus"-page. Really?
By the way ... it is not the first time firmware updates cause problems in daily use of your products.

When will you learn to communicate properly with your customer?
The level of poor customer service in this particular case is without words.

I bought a competitors cam to test and and guess what:

it works like a charm!
till now : - 2 Presence , - 2 Welcome, - 12 Tags,

getting rid of the rest soon thanks to lousy customer care and firmwareupdates! :evil:

2 Presence, 1 Weather Station, 1 Outdoor module, 1 Rain Gauge,
1 Healthy Home Coach
Klintan

Re: HKSV is also not working after firmware update

Post by Klintan »

Hi,

Same problem here! HKSV stopped working for two of my outdoor cameras last Monday. One outdoor camera (on a different location) still works.

Still no solution or answer from support@netatmo.com.

This is unacceptable for at security camera.
Klintan

Post by Klintan »

Thinking of returning my newest outdoor camera still under warranty...

What other brand do you recommend?
Lpope

Post by Lpope »

I was asked by Metatmo to remove my HomePod to remove the hub , reset all cameras and start again. It was a ,long process. I had to remove a camera to find the HSV code also…
After it was all reset and set up again it worked….for a time. But within a few hours it’s stalled again. Not working.
I have to.d them. Waiting their advice…. Why don’t they return to original firmware ?
Klintan

Post by Klintan »

Today Netatmo support says the problem is caused by iOS 15 and that it affects other brands as well and they are working with Apple to fix the problem.

In the French forum this problem was posted over a month ago.

WHY doesn't Netatmo inform their users on the support site? We shouldn't need to google for a solution and try to reset/reinstall everything just to realize that it won't solve the problem.
mac1804

Post by mac1804 »

mmmmhhhh ...

smart move to blame it on apple after weeks of silence.

there is just one question: why the heck -when it is iOS 15- are netatmos indoor cams working ... i turn "stream & record when at home" on and there are recordings.
and our eve indoor cam works also ...

for me this kind of reaction of netatmo is typical for someone who f.... up big, big time and now is in search of a scapegoat to distract from own incompetence.

think it is time to move to a different vendor!

getting rid of the rest soon thanks to lousy customer care and firmwareupdates! :evil:

1 Healthy Home Coach
mac1804

Post by mac1804 »

just a quote from another thread…

there you have it … let the „who is responsible“ ping-pong beginn
Pszg wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 08:50 I contacted Apple and they toll me it’s on the Netatmo side and it needs to be fixed Before updating to iOS 15, everything was working fine. Can you help me?

1 Healthy Home Coach
thealbs

Post by thealbs »

Lpope wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 22:37 I was asked by Metatmo to remove my HomePod to remove the hub , reset all cameras and start again. It was a ,long process. I had to remove a camera to find the HSV code also…
After it was all reset and set up again it worked….for a time. But within a few hours it’s stalled again. Not working.
I have to.d them. Waiting their advice…. Why don’t they return to original firmware ?
Yep - been through that loop several times. It never works but gets you off Netatmo’s back for a while.

Shockingly poor support for probably the most important technology in peoples homes.
Lpope

Post by Lpope »

I’ve been asked to clarify my network type and if SSID has same name for both Hz bands which it is. I have Nest Google latest router and 3 nodes.
I also notice that 1 camera started working again for a day then stopped. So it’s very sporadic.
Lpope

Post by Lpope »

Now I’ve been asked to split the SSID 2.4 and 5ghz as they believe anyone with an issue is using a mesh system…am am …are you?
But the trouble is what they suggested via a link to Google Nest support , is to create split ghz networks but it’s never been possible to split the network SSID on Google Nest. Never.
Why don’t they remove 5ghz from their devices or make them switchable to 2.4 only if it’s their issue.
As I note again. The problem is not with security app it is with HomeKit.

Return to “General questions”