App Bad Connection

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Andy3107

App Bad Connection

Post by Andy3107 »

Hello, I have a question for you. If I want to access the live image from my cameras via the IOS app, it often takes a long time or doesn't work at all. Playback of recordings works just as hesitantly.

However, if I do the same via my.netatmo, it usually works much faster.

What can be the reason? The mobile phone's internet connection is 5G 448 Mbit / s and ping 21 ms. So it can't be due to a bad connection.
DMar

Re: App Bad Connection

Post by DMar »

Good evening @Andy3107

The Camera uses the HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) protocol. This protocol is optimal for both live video (or live video) and for streaming recorded past videos (the videos sent in the timeline).

6 seconds of latency is inherent in this protocol because the live video is broadcast via an encrypted connection from the Camera to your device.

Please note that this does not affect the responsiveness of the Camera since the recorded videos always contain the start of the event. This way, your Camera provides you with the full action.

However, if the live delay is too large, it is probably related to the connectivity of your Camera.

To view live broadcasts in the best of qualities (Full HD - 1080p), the speed down of your between the camera and the pint of wifi access must be at least 400 ko/s. If your connection is slower, the Camera will adjust the video quality during viewing. For example, with a 125 KB/s connection, the videos will be in HD (720p).

For the Camera to work, the minimum connection speed must be 25 KB/s upflow and downflow. Please note that these speed values must be entirely dedicated to the Camera.

Return to “General questions”