Cameras keep on connecting/disconnecting permanentely

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Olafinho1

Cameras keep on connecting/disconnecting permanentely

Post by Olafinho1 »

Since the latest update of the Netatmo Security-App my totally three outdoor cams keep on losing their connection and are reconnecting approx. each 30 min. This without any change at my WiFi

After three days of permanent fail-messages I've tried the following:

- Reset the cams to the factory setting
- replacee the Micro Storage card
- Take off the cams from power for some minutes
- Restart the router, take the router away from power for some minutes
- widen the range of reachable IP-Addresses
- Setup an individual WiFi for each cam with an individual Access Point
- Shorten the distance between the cam and the Access Point (the closest now is set up in a distance of 50 cm)

I have no further idea how to solve this problem. Does anyone have another idea, what to do? I must say that previous to the Update of the app all three cams were working fine. And also the other two I have installed at another location (integrated in the same app) are working without any problem.
Attachments
2022-05-09 08.38.37.png
2022-05-09 08.38.37.png (305.71 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
Gente

Re: Cameras keep on connecting/disconnecting permanentely

Post by Gente »

Same problem here, no connection to camera since today. No possibility to reset the camera or wlan, no reaction to QR codes the LED is always on than restarted. Router and Presence powered off no reaction of the presence. Nothing changed in installation. I have the latest fw 3.5.3
Gente

Post by Gente »

Solved, installing a new SD card solved my problem. 1Year of working and damaged 🤔🤔🤔
nimor72

Post by nimor72 »

Hello, since 23 or 24 May all my three external Presence cameras have exactly the same problem.
The same on my internal Welcome cam.
The cameras reboot approximately every 30 minutes, they send static images to the cloud (visible in the app) however show as disconnected in the app.

Tried everything on WiFi side, opened two tickets to NetAtmo support, no answer yet.
I suspect a bad firmware has been pushed by NetAtmo, it's not possible to have an hardware failure on four different cams at the same time.
Did someone find a way to fix?
Philipp1110

Post by Philipp1110 »

Hello,

My Presence has exactly the same problem since two or three days.
is there any solution for this problem yet?

Could this be caused by Netatmo servers?
bauuab

Post by bauuab »

Change SD card
Dai

Post by Dai »

New SD Card but disconnecting permanently. WiFi stable since years. Nothing changed on my side
TomiLegrandAU

Post by TomiLegrandAU »

Hi Guys

This may sound strange but have you tried applying grease to the SD card before inserting?

I have two cameras at home, one of them is mounted on the eave (like a ceiling mount) and has never had an issue, the other mounted on the wall. The one on the wall has been connecting/disconnecting often, requiring me to reinsert the SD card. Finally, I received instruction to apply some grease on the SD card and insert it back in - since then I have not had a single disconnect (approx 2 months).
Smart AC Controller MAC: g8b5e3e

Return to “General questions”